Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm moving to the Plano/Frisco area soon. Up here in MN we don't have smog checks or anything like that. My rig has K&N intake and MRBP cat back exhaust. No other engine mods. It's on a 6" lift, big tires, front and rear steel bumpers. I'm just wondering I should be concerned about the smog or the safety inspection. lights brakes and all that work fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
837 Posts
Hi all, I'm moving to the Plano/Frisco area soon. Up here in MN we don't have smog checks or anything like that. My rig has K&N intake and MRBP cat back exhaust. No other engine mods. It's on a 6" lift, big tires, front and rear steel bumpers. I'm just wondering I should be concerned about the smog or the safety inspection. lights brakes and all that work fine.

Just lights, brakes, insurance for the state inspection. Some areas may have smog check, not sure about Plano.
As for your screen name, we don’t have much ice hockey here, some soccer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
467 Posts
Smog check in all metro areas for Texas. You get 30 days to fix if you fail. Suggest you run premium or else no-ethanol gas in tank for inspection - saves headaches

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I ran a K&N in most of my cars and they always passed smog inspections. I wouldn't think you'd have many problems.

Be aware that people in the metroplex can't drive in the rain. Or if it's misting they lose their minds. Or if it's cloudy. Actually, most of the time they drive like utter ..... well, you get the idea. Also, it seems to be all the rage to drive with your brights on now.

Um, welcome to the metroplex! I guess....;}

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I just took mine to get inspected an hour ago.
You'll probably be fine with your setup.
And yeah, the drivers suck here... no turn signals, cut you off like it's your fault they are doing it...
you get the picture.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Enjoy “winter” and southern hospitality (y)
Yeah, "winter" where it's 88 one day and 30 then next afternoon. Then it rains and is back up to 90 and sunny. The weather forcasts are like the Welsh language - nothing at all like they look. Yesterday was supposed to be 78 and sunny but it was 68 and foggy most of the day. My peeecan dropped all of it's leaves and a good many of it's limbs over a couple of hours. Gruen, Texas is pronounced Green, Texas but Blanco is not pronounced White it's pronounced Blank-o. Go figure.

If nobody tells you, "Bless your heart" is a pretty serious insult round here. "yuanto" is a question as in "I feel like going to the bar. Yuanto?" If you are aboot to do something yer fixinta as in "I'm fixinta go yonder." Oh, and people do use yonder non-sarcastically. Speaking of sarcasm - in general only foreigners get anything dry and sarcastic. People don't like me because the think I'm insulting them when I'm just being a smart ass.
It gets too cold to snow, so it just ices and that does not slow down the people texting in their land yachts. But they do slow down to a crawl when it rains. Quite often they will stop under overpasses. Not only on the shoulder but also in the lanes.
There's a road in Frisco called Lebanon. But don't call it Leb a non, that'll mark you as a foreigner. Say L'b-non and they will more readily accept you. You don't change your oil. You change yer ol.
Oh, there was a little bar I lived next to for a while called The Irish Rover. Live music, sports, dominoes, good beer and staff that were sarcastic. I spent a lot of good money there!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I ran a K&N in most of my cars and they always passed smog inspections. I wouldn't think you'd have many problems.

Be aware that people in the metroplex can't drive in the rain. Or if it's misting they lose their minds. Or if it's cloudy. Actually, most of the time they drive like utter ..... well, you get the idea. Also, it seems to be all the rage to drive with your brights on now.

Um, welcome to the metroplex! I guess....;}
Funny you mention rain and drivers here. We've been here 20+ years (from upstate NY) and that's the first thing we noticed when it rained here. Drivers in upstate NY used to drive better in 3-4 inches of snow than they do in the rain here. lol

Welcome to TX!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Texas mostly sucks, I’ve been trying to leave for the past 5 years and get back to CO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in the process of moving from SC back to TX. Richardson. I cannot believe how fast people drive on the tollway and actually all the highways. Why is everyone in such a rush?

·
Registered
2010 Toyota FJ Trail Teams
26 Posts
I'm in the process of moving from SC back to TX. Richardson. I cannot believe how fast people drive on the tollway and actually all the highways. Why is everyone in such a rush?
We're busy gettin **** DONE 🇨🇱

1 - 18 of 18 Posts