1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE:

NOW For Sale!

MPAC FJ Cruiser Backpack Hook Special

I have been knocking around the idea of improving seat back storage for a while.

While there are MOLLE seat covers available they have 3 inherent problems.

1) They are Butt ugly

2) They wear poorly (Molle material was never intended to be subjected to that kind of wear and tear)

3) What ever you hang on the seat cover is poorly accessible and not removable.

4) Potentially interfere with seat air bags.

The concept is actually quite simple..."Build a seat mount that you can hang a Back pack on". The concept extends beyond that application to hanging load bearing vests, plate carriers, slinged rifles...pretty much anything with a handle or sling.

Best part of all is that it will be inexpensive (less than $20.00) AND you probably already have the back pack!

Of Course, we will recommend that this item be removed if there are any back

seat occupants.

UPDATE 2/1/11 New pics of the Rear Seat BPH

As usual, I appreciate your ideas and comments.

Doc

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Great idea ~

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Very nice. Simple, cheap, and almost endlessly useful.
x2. The best things are almost always simple and long-lasting. I love this idea, Doc. I learned real quick that I can't toss my laptop backpack on the passenger seat when I started driving the FJ. The seatbelt nanny starts talking after a couple of blocks!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Would love the same thing for the rear seat (hang stuff in the cargo area) as well.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Looks good Doc! I'be already purchased the pet barrier and side rack combo....great products! I'm in for two. Any way to modify them to hang dry cleaning? Lost my hooks in the rear with the pet barrier.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good Doc! I'be already purchased the pet barrier and side rack combo....great products! I'm in for two. Any way to modify them to hang dry cleaning? Lost my hooks in the rear with the pet barrier.
I am pretty sure that the rear head rests are different widths than the front...we will have to add that to the project list :bigthumb:

Doc

·
Registered
43 Posts
Drill a hole in it so the hangers can fit in there

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Yes drilling a hole would probably work and I know I'll catch grief for this, but I am currently down one power drill. Just wondering if they could be ordered that way?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Awesome - I'd be in for at least one front. And one rear if they become available as well.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes drilling a hole would probably work and I know I'll catch grief for this, but I am currently down one power drill. Just wondering if they could be ordered that way?
I will look into cutting a hole, it may interfere with the forming.

Doc

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I learned real quick that I can't toss my laptop backpack on the passenger seat when I started driving the FJ. The seatbelt nanny starts talking after a couple of blocks!
I wonder if you could it install it on the passenger seat with the hook facing forward and then hang your laptop bag on there.

Anyway, put me down for 2. When do they start shipping?

-C

·
Registered
583 Posts
I definitely want one. My backpack is always on the floor or on the front seat. I'd much rather it be behind the passenger seat.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts