Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge thanks to Doc and SpringTail Solutions for the "blemished" fold down rack! This thing is brilliant, and so amazingly engineered. I know that there are ways to make my own in some sort of way, but in all honesty, this thing is perfection. It is masterfully engineered not only to work, but work extremely well and with a great deal of versatility. The video was a huge help to help with the install. I do a great deal of location photography work, as well as volunteer wildland fire work, so this rack will be used a lot and can safely store my gear in an easy access manner.

Thanks a ton Doc. Love your products!:cheers:

Attachments

Reactions: bazross

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a blemished unit. I think Doc was trying to appease a few of us that were wanting a Group Buy discount but wasn't able to at the time, so he yanked out these scarred ones to help us out. I think he only had two in the shop. He only charged us $160.

To be honest, if I had the money, I would have paid full price. I HAD to get tires, but I found the ones I really needed and was able to save enough to get the discounted rack. All sort of fell into place at the same time. Happy Birthday to me!!

Awesome! If you don't mind me asking what did you pay?

·
Registered
283 Posts
It was a blemished unit. I think Doc was trying to appease a few of us that were wanting a Group Buy discount but wasn't able to at the time, so he yanked out these scarred ones to help us out. I think he only had two in the shop. He only charged us $160.

To be honest, if I had the money, I would have paid full price. I HAD to get tires, but I found the ones I really needed and was able to save enough to get the discounted rack. All sort of fell into place at the same time. Happy Birthday to me!!
Man, that sounds like a great deal! :rocker:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this also.
Probably a dumb question...Why do you have the black plastic cover removed on the door? (the picture showing the white mesh) Are you required to remove it to somehow make an attachment? Not sure what I'm looking at there.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm thinking about doing this also.
Probably a dumb question...Why do you have the black plastic cover removed on the door? (the picture showing the white mesh) Are you required to remove it to somehow make an attachment? Not sure what I'm looking at there.
Sorry to jump in...I have this rack also (extremely cool!) It is required that you remove the panel in order to install the rack. Comes off easily.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
This is on the "To Get List". Already sold it to the wife... "Look babe a shelf for the dog bowls". That's all it took.

Reactions: bazross

·
Registered
109 Posts
Absolutely love the folding rack and basket. Lots of stuff stored and organized where right after I bought the Fj looking in back I was baffled as to what to do with any small loose things. Awesome design and products!!!

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts