Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
**THREAD TITLE CLARIFICATION, I'm referencing the Cooper STT PROs not the older STTs**

What kind of MPG hit can I expect moving from 285/75-16 Nitto Terra Grapplers that weigh 53lbs to Cooper STT PRO(61lbs) or Cooper Maxx (64lbs)? Has anyone moved from Terra Grapplers to either of these two tires? If so, what decrease in MPG did you see? For reference I am currently averaging 14.5 (2008, manual, 3"lift, aluminum DO bumper, Baja mesh rack). Thanks!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good luck finding the STTs, they've been phasing them out since the introduction of the STT PROS
Too much going on at work today, I just realized the title references the STTs when I meant to STT PROS. That said, my first choice are the Maxx but the 11lb weight difference has created some concern. What tires were you running before getting the Cooper Maxx?

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
11 lbs shouldn't make that big difference between those three tires. If you are worried about MPG why even go up in size?

For what it's worth, my 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers gave me about 17.5 MPG on the highway depending on how I was driving. My city driving is about 13.8 MPG average.
I am not moving up in size only the weight of the tire. The new tires will be the same as I have now, 285/75-16. Based on the current feedback it sounds like weight may not play a large role in reducing mpg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.