Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
The FJ Cruiser started out as a concept vehicle first shown at the 2003 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Two years later, at the Chicago Auto Show, Toyota unveiled the final production version of the FJ, citing overwhelming response to the original concept vehicle. Designed at Calty Design Research in Newport Beach, Calif., the production FJ Cruiser remains extremely close to the concept.
Read the rest of the article here!

Also be sure to watch the video!!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
true that! best video footage yet....also shows the Moab edition - all black. that thing looks pretty cool....id have to slap a nice big raiders emblem right on the hood.

watching that just gets me even more jazzed - and more pissed off at the local dealers around here for not knowing **** about this rig. DAM THEM!!!

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hey, someone who can actually see that video should send me the .wmv. I can't get it to open in any browser I have. Stupid windows.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Black roof with a window in it? That's a genius move. Perfect for summers in the Desert Southwest.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Pancho said:
Black roof with a window in it? That's a genius move. Perfect for summers in the Desert Soutwest.

Oh my...That video ROCKS!!

I saw a Black FJ with a black roof...drool

By the way...that's gonna be me drifting in the black FJ :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
get on a list at a dealership before word hits the fan on these rigs. i thought i would wait, but im searching for the correct dealer in my neighborhood and im going to try to get a manual 6. have a renewed sense of urgency, what with all this new information coming out. I LOVE IT when there's floods of new info!!!

the next big piece of info is the release date - then i anticipate seeing a crapload of photos of happy fathers (and what, 3 mothers) with their new babies!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Um...awesome is the only word I can think of. I like that black one. Perrty nice. And he says for a loaded 4x4 you won't pay more than high 20's....so it shouldn't hit 30 unless there's a dealer mark up. I am settin my alarm for 9 and I am gonna drive to my local dealers...I hope they know stuff. Weeee!!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
2Lex_IS350 said:
you mean ron goode toyota? haha they suck, dont know ****..
you know it!!! im going with stevens creek toyota - large volume and straight shooters. most of the other dealers around here have barely heard of this thing - maybe a memo or something. ron goode sucks.

·
Banned
118 Posts
caliFJ said:
true that! best video footage yet....also shows the Moab edition - all black.
Is this what you are talking about?

I can't see the stupid msn video:mad:

Can anyone upload a better format, or capture some stills?

·
Registered
106 Posts
yo go msn great footage their is a window on roof by the way. i love the black only there is one problem black will fade!

·
Registered
644 Posts
toyota homie said:
yo go msn great footage their is a window on roof by the way. i love the black only there is one problem black will fade!
Where on the roof did you see a window??? I didn't see any windows you crazy bastard. You just want there to be one, so you imagined it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm tellin ya...the roof has grooves in it for styling. There is no window or moonroof. And that first-person view on the top of the FJ isn't actually on the roof...it's on the hood. You can see the sprayers for the wiper fluid at the bottom of the screen.

·
Banned
118 Posts
caliFJ said:
just use IE to access the videos. i know - i hate MS as much as anyone and i too use firefox - but hey - do it for the FJ
Tried that too, it says I need to download windows media player 10, which does not work on my system :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts