Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha everyone,

So I've been eyeballing some new rims and tires and I already know I want to go with BFG AT K/O 285/75/16s. For rims, well, I'm picky. I really like the looks of the MT Classic Locks w/ the black rings, but with all the fitment issues I'm also looking into the Axis Regulators and just having the rings powdercoated afterwards. So for those of you in the know, some questions:

1. Are the Axis wheels sealed in any way, or do they have to be babied like the MTs? I live near the ocean and it sounds like the sand and salt air would be very bad for the MTs without very frequent maintenance. And in a few years I plan on moving to the Rockies, where the road salt would also be bad for them.

2. Is is possible to get the MTs sealed after purchase to cut down on the maintenance?

3. Are Gorilla lugs and locks available that fit the MTs or the Axis wheels?

4. This is a total newbie question, but with 16x9 wheels like the Axis ones, just how big/small a tire will fit on that? I'm still not entirely clear on wheel specs.

Thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
I too was looking intothe AXIS regulators when i was rim shopping. The AXIS are clear coated,so they will be less mantaince than the MT. I personally also think they look better too. If the lug nut holes are tapered, (whitch nealy all after market rims are), then the Gorrila locks should work just fine with either rims. Not sure about tire fitaments though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love the Axis Regulators. I have a BD with the dark gray TRD wheels, and I think Im gonna get rid of them for the Regulators, add a little contrast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts