Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my sub box

This is my custom box my cousin and i built, i figured since it was so expensive to buy a pre made one, i might as well build one myself. The location isnt as practical as mounting a box on one of the shelfs however, i like to be origional and as far as i know, nobody has run this type of application. The back of the box contours pretty close to the angles of the rear seats and fits in snug so there was no need for screws and mounting brackets. Comes out in about two minutes. I used a black upholstery from Joan Fabrics. Hope you guys like it:cheers:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It fits in that spot nicely, and i still have a good amount of room to work with

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more pics coming, im running a sound ordnance M-1350 under my drivers seat

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
I would at least bracket it some how because if you get into an accident it could Kill you flying around. Just a cable to under the rear seat would work. My 2 cents. Looks sweet and can be removed easily for trips

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
One of the challenges was wraping the upholstery around the box. I thought it turned out pretty good considering all of the cuts and staples cant be seen unless the box is out. I agree about fastening the box in though, i never thought about what would happen if i got into an accident....thanks for the advice, i will look into it:cheers:

[IM
G]http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr50/jas12682/IMG_0464.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sorry, but you did it twice

apolstry....upholstery

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
-fixed-

Thanks for your spell check, please let me know if there are any other curections eeerrrrrrrrr.....corrections I need to make

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know I'm reviving a relatively old thread, no need to flame :lol:.

I am going with a very similar setup. Two 10" subs in a box that will fit with the contour of the back seat. My only concern is MOUNTING and SECURING the box.

I will be using industrial strength velcro on the bottom of the box to stop it from sliding around. But I know velcro alone will not do me any good in the case of a car accident.

Anybody have ideas how I can mount a similar box without drilling through the floor or seat??? I was thinking drilling screws into the box and fastening wire to them. Then wrapping that wire around the rear seat brackets?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Yes, this is actually easy. Remove the plastic ramp with it's tie downs. You can then bolt right through the bottom of your box into the existing threaded holes left from the anchor points. Simple and it also makes the shape of the box much easier to build!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, this is actually easy. Remove the plastic ramp with it's tie downs. You can then bolt right through the bottom of your box into the existing threaded holes left from the anchor points. Simple and it also makes the shape of the box much easier to build!
Let me make sure I'm following. There are two anchor hooks on the ramp. Im not sure what you mean by 'remove the plastic ramp'.
Do you know how deep those bolt holes are and how I could match the thread pattern?

These are what your referring to right?

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Let me make sure I'm following. There are two anchor hooks on the ramp. Im not sure what you mean by 'remove the plastic ramp'.
Do you know how deep those bolt holes are and how I could match the thread pattern?

These are what your referring to right?
The plastic ramp is independent of the tie downs but leaves a flatter floor space.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts