Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

MuD Country or KM2?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
KM2! Actually I'd go for MT/R, but KM2s are really nice too.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I'm split down the middle as both tires are great. The DC have a more aggressive look IMHO. I have to research which tire performs the best in heavy rain (Best siping)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I am not a big BFG fan....but was kind of forced due to unavailability of any other tires in size needed in area in time period I wanted them.....for my FJ60. The KM2s have changed my mind of them....they are not noisy on highway and i have drove them 5 hours one way at highway speeds......they do not ride rougher than anything else.....they handle well on road and seem to do well on rainy roads as well but they are pizza cutters so that helps....as the 60 needed 33x10.50x15s all around. I wanted Toyo Mud Country MT but settled for the KM2 and have been very happy past couple thousand miles so far.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Just put the KM2's on my rig 2 weeks ago. Went rock crawling today and they were sweet. Great traction and they look good on the rig.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Before the KM2s we had super swamper tsl's and while they were also good in mud they were literally like paddles on the truck - I personally like the KM2s better in mud because they sling less mud once you're out of it. But that assessment is only based on the fact that with tube doors I get annoyed when I get flung with hot wet mud. :-D We haven't had any trouble in mud...but then again we only go through mud if there's no way around.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
I have had mine in the rocks, sand, hard pack, but not much mud. I am very happy with them. Handled well in all the terrains, also great on the road. I have 22,000 miles mainly pavement and approximately half the tread left. I think I will get 40,000 to 45,000 miles out of these.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I'll make u second guess a little.........:lol: I have heard nothing but good things from the DC users. From what I have seen of the KM2's they do very well in the beginning. I ride with quite a few people that run the KM2's and overtime they have seemed to decline in performance. They seem to clog up with mud and not self clean as well once they get a little mileage on them.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I love the KM 2's , great on road, off road, in mud, on rocks, low noise, seem to last (I'm at almost 20,000 so far on 2 of them)....BUT...the sidewalls seem to cut fairly easily. I cut 2 of them on one trip (very expensive trip!). I don't know if the others are any better, but if you're in the rocks a lot you might want to research sidewall strength a bit.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I love the KM 2's , great on road, off road, in mud, on rocks, low noise, seem to last (I'm at almost 20,000 so far on 2 of them)....BUT...the sidewalls seem to cut fairly easily. I cut 2 of them on one trip (very expensive trip!). I don't know if the others are any better, but if you're in the rocks a lot you might want to research sidewall strength a bit.
I forgot about u and your sidewall issues. :lol:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Don't listen to brock about his bias, he says he has one and does not explain. :lol:
she is my nemesis...do not listen to her but here is my bias....

when i was younger...before pitbullcruiser was out of diapers...i used BFG AT religiously. After multiple ruined tires from sidewalls being punctured by railroad ties, rocks, cactus thorns, bush stubs from bush hogging fields, oyster shell bank in mud, an old piece of barb wire, and get this....the bone from an animal I ran over one night on way home that ran under my tire......

rode great...lasted great but were not very durable in anything other than highway or sand driving...i stopped using them. Went to Bridgestone Duelers, Goodyear Wranglers, and Nitto Terra Grapplers. These KM2 with the 3ply walls are holding up as well as my Nittos....and my Nittos have had sidewalls up against granite, shale, sharp edged boulders, tree and brush stubs...you name it and not a tear or chunk missing. Taking the FJ60 wheeling in couple weeks and will see for sure...but so far they are holding up well. Sidewalls would be my only beef with an BFG product actually.....and for that reason I would rather have the Toyo or Nittos....but so far so good on KM2s

Other than that my only other complaint is that they are same type tire that PitBullCruiser endorses...so my credibility has been shot to hell. :cheers::rocker::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
So what was the verdict? Did you even consider Mickey Thompson MTZ Traditional Radial? If not why?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts