Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love how much fun it is, I hate how much of a b*tch it is to clean off.

Did some trails at the local spot a day or two after it rained three months ago and I still finding mud under my rig.

....i know this tread is point less....

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
x2. Love/Hate relationship. I'm an auto detail guy. Love getting in the mud with my FJ but can't wait to get it off as soon as I hit the pavement. It's especially fun trying to get it out of the engine bay. Don't forget about the off-road pin stripes too! arghhh...

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I just put a sprinkler under mine for an hour or so then spray and scrub .
Redboat

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Redboat
I'm gonna have to try that.
The worst is that the bling skid plate (which I now call the mud shovel) catches several pounds of mud.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Redboat
This is the most effective way of removing mud from the undercarriage. The "mud scoop" skid plate requires a running hose left on it for a few hours as well. Place it between the plate and the bumper and let the water run.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I'm gonna have to try that.
The worst is that the bling skid plate (which I now call the mud shovel) catches several pounds of mud.
I just can't control the urge to go around muddy pits. I swear them off and yet I do it again!! I pay hell with this vicious cycle of Mud then clean again and again!!! Well some people like crack, some like Mudd, I guess my addiction is the lesser of two Evil's:lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
With the recent snowy weather we have had, I must have added 250 pounds of mud and ice on my bling shovel, front end, rear wheel wells and it goes on. Man, I did not know there could be sooo much mud and ice stuck to the underside of the FJ!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Redboat
thats not a bad idea, my Rigid pressure washer(3000psi) should help more than the little karcher(1700psi) I was using. gonna have to barrow the neighbors sprinkler.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
I usually have to spend a 5-6 bucks at the wash and then come home and do a post wash where i just sit with the hose and look around for all the spots i missed. I'd rather have rocks.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Thankfully, socal mud is pretty easy to get off. Rinse and they usually come off quickly. Mojave stuff at Soda Lake is another story. We don't have the clay like mud either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts