Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone burned songs to a DVD that will play on the Fjammer? Sure could use some sage advice if it can be done. The manual only talks about CDs. Am I out of luck with DVDs?

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I believe you are out of luck. I think my husband tried it once, I know if he did, it didn't work since he hasn't burned any more.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I didn't think it would work. But, I thought with the wealth of knowledge on this site, someone may have figured it out.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used yahoo music jukebox to burn a dvd from a playlist, but, I just get error messages when I put it in the fjammer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried again burning an MP3 DVD from the yahoo music jukebox and still got an ERROR 1 when the Fjammer tries to read it. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is no way your Fjammer is going to read a dvd, no matter what you put on it or how you burn it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, no luck with CDs either. Burned MP3 by Yahoo music jukebox from a play list. I get the same ERROR 1, Anyone have any sage advice?

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
It won't read a disc if it's not finalized. It could be that the programs you are using to burn the CD/DVD's with are leaving the disc in an 'open' state, so that you can continue adding content (until you burn as many tracks as you want) and then 'finalize' it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to all! I tried Windows media player and burned the disks as data disks. I was able to put about 160 songs per CD and it worked great. I noticed that it auto closed the disk at the end of the burn. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
'Closing' is just another term for 'finalizing'. Seems that's what was causing the original problem with the other programs (although I'm sure the other programs have settings that allow you to finalize, or close, the disc after burning).

So, were you successful using a DVD (you mentioned CD)?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
'Closing' is just another term for 'finalizing'. Seems that's what was causing the original problem with the other programs (although I'm sure the other programs have settings that allow you to finalize, or close, the disc after burning).

So, were you successful using a DVD (you mentioned CD)?
Again the FJ wont read a DVD no way, no how. MP3 ,data, or anything. Different technology. The FJammer has just as good of chance of reading a VHS tape as any thing on a DVD.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The fjammer will only read CD's (CDR+ - CDRW. CD's with MP3's, etc) but not DVD. If you want to read DVD's you must upgrade the head unit. I use my 30 GB zen or mostly listen to satellite radio (XM).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts