Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The day before this past Thanksgiving, I had a 24 year old motorcyclist ride up my street at almost 70mph (30mph zone) when a truck pulled out in front of him. Sadly after myself and a neighbor as well as local FD and EMT's tried CPR he passed away. The rider and the bike both slammed into the rear end of my FJ that was parked in my driveway. After several visits to the auto-body shop and local mechanic, everything is finally squared away and I should have it back next month sometime. Outside of some cosmetic damage, the only real damage was a large dent and scratch to my transfer case. I caught the entire thing on my home security cameras from different angles from start to finish and even though my FJ was knocked forward about 6" not real under body damaged occurred. This is something I still cannot believe due to how hard the bike and rider slammed into it.

Even though nothing is mechanically wrong internally with the transfer case, they will be replacing the entire assembly. I'm fairly certain it will be a used/refurbed one so hopefully everything with that works well.

·
Admin
6,894 Posts
Sorry you had to go through that. It's not an easy thing.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Wow.

It actually hit the transfer case? Or differential?
i think he meant the diff cover. there's a lot of metal to get through before you get to the t-case. i can't see how the bike/rider could have gotten there from the pics.

still, it is a heck of a thing to have in your memories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think he meant the diff cover. there's a lot of metal to get through before you get to the t-case. i can't see how the bike/rider could have gotten there from the pics.

still, it is a heck of a thing to have in your memories.

Ya Diff cover.. Sorry.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The day before this past Thanksgiving, I had a 24 year old motorcyclist ride up my street at almost 70mph (30mph zone) when a truck pulled out in front of him. Sadly after myself and a neighbor as well as local FD and EMT's tried CPR he passed away. The rider and the bike both slammed into the rear end of my FJ that was parked in my driveway. After several visits to the auto-body shop and local mechanic, everything is finally squared away and I should have it back next month sometime. Outside of some cosmetic damage, the only real damage was a large dent and scratch to my transfer case. I caught the entire thing on my home security cameras from different angles from start to finish and even though my FJ was knocked forward about 6" not real under body damaged occurred. This is something I still cannot believe due to how hard the bike and rider slammed into it.

Even though nothing is mechanically wrong internally with the transfer case, they will be replacing the entire assembly. I'm fairly certain it will be a used/refurbed one so hopefully everything with that works well.

Stupid is ..Stupid does . the guy obviously didn't give a damn about anyone else's safety. Could have been you or your daughter 4 minutes earlier. At least he just took himself out. Don't let it ruin your life. He get's the Darwin Award , posthumously.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Sorry about the cycle pilot, but 70 in a 30 in residential was a bad decision. Sad it was his last.

That being said, you got off easy. Here is what happens when an F-250 Raptor lands on top of
0908150815c.jpg
an FJC...

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
I used to like the Ford Raptor, but if they are doing that to FJs...
Responsible owners have theirs neutered. Otherwise, you just can't take them out in public.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got rear ended yesterday at a stop sign. I looked at his car with the crumpled bumper, headlight, grill, and hood, checked my spare (which is what crunched his hood) and told him I wasn't worried about my rig.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts