Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think his exact words were something like:

"For such a tough looking truck, it sure has a little girly horn. Toot toot here i come."

I can't have this situation. Whats a good manly-horn replacement for the FJ so I can stop being ridiculed by someone who only recently remembers to brush his teeth every morning?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Tell him to shut up and mind his own business, then stare at him with real big eyeballs and start taking your belt off of your pants. He won't mention it again. That worked when my father did it!! Go get yourself a WOLO bad boy horn and mount it in the secondary position on the right fender. ............:bigthumb:

Just kidding about the belt.

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Tell him to shut up and mind his own business, then stare at him with real big eyeballs and start taking your belt off of your pants. He won't mention it again. That worked when my father did it!! Go get yourself a WOLO bad boy horn and mount it in the secondary position on the right fender. ............:bigthumb:

My Daughters first resonse was ANd I quote " what the, DAD you FJ IS GAY" when I used the horn for the first time when I brought it home.:flame:

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
The stock horns on FJ's are put there for comic relief actually. I used to crack up every time I used it as did the wife. The inexpensive fix is to get an aftermarket horn (high pitch) from auto parts store and mount it next to the stock one (which is low tone). Wire the new one to the same wire lead going to your old one with a splice connector (18 ga.)and wow what a difference. Together it sounds like a real horn....case closed. Happy Tooting .

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
I'm installing the OEM secondary horn, which is straight bolt on. It's $50 at TRDparts4u. Not sure what the improvement will be, but I'll let you know after I install it this weekend.

Optional High Pitched Horn for FJCruiser 86510-60240

My last 2 cars had weak horns too... I thin kit's been done intentionally on a lot of makes and models, not just Toyota.

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
yeah the first time I hit the horn due to being cut off.. I was like WTF was that.. no way did my rig just make that noise.... lucky for me there was a Hella Horn groupbuy going on :) now my floor board tickles my toes when I lay on the horns :)

G

·
yeah the first time I hit the horn due to being cut off.. I was like WTF was that.. no way did my rig just make that noise.... lucky for me there was a Hella Horn groupbuy going on :) now my floor board tickles my toes when I lay on the horns :)

:lol: I did the same thing. I was more offended that a clowns nose honks louder than my horn than I was for being cut off....follow by the thought of this makes me look like an idiot.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

LOL....this new generation...if I took off my belt, he'd tell me I better put it back on before he calls child services.... :jester:

·
can i become 1/2mil90 for a little while
2,555 Posts
No offense, but did you steal that horn from a clown car?
none taken. I wish I had a clown car to take it from, but it came off my 62 C-10. Its def. a one off mod.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I'm installing the OEM secondary horn, which is straight bolt on. It's $50 at TRDparts4u. Not sure what the improvement will be, but I'll let you know after I install it this weekend.

Optional High Pitched Horn for FJCruiser 86510-60240

My last 2 cars had weak horns too... I thin kit's been done intentionally on a lot of makes and models, not just Toyota.
This looks like a great option. Found a video with the sound too:

http://www.yotatech.com/wiki/index.php/FJ_Cruiser_2nd_Horn

I'm going with this approach for simplicities sake.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I know how you feel.
When I first got my FJ I was cutoff by somebody and honked my horn. Sounded like a Prius.
My sister made fun of it because its a rugged truck with a tiny horn. Her Subaru Legacy has a more manly horn.
I am going to do what Dusther and FJDawgGrl did and go with the Hella Supertones.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts