Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK before I get started here's a little history about myself.
I've always loved cars going back to when I was 10 my uncle took me for a ride in his 89 corvette and scared the **** outta me. The seed was planted and Every since then Ive had an obsession with fast cars engines and modding. Fast forward 8 years I graduated high school and a week later I was in the army as a watercraft engineer. It was perfect I loved the water and I learned everything there is to know about engineering. I've had 9 musangs 5 camaros an elcamino a 71 Monte carlo an 88ss Monte, I started out old school. 68 Plymouth with a 383 camando a 69 oldsmobile with a 455. Then worked my way up to the 80sand 90s and I was stuck on american v8s o refused to touch anything foreign... Until I drove a v12 BMW. Then I had an 98 sl500 that was a blast to drive. I had a SRT 8 Cherokee that anything but stock. Now I have a super fast 08 BMW 135i twin turbo and I just got the 2007 because I've always wanted something tank like. Driving a humvee in the army will make u want one. So Nov 28 I got an Fj.

I do all my own work. I'm a master mechanic so no body touches my babies.

Day one, took the wheels off and painted them black except the center caps. I've always loved that sinister cop wheel look

Day 2 I made my own cold air intake.

Day 3 took off the exhaust and deleted the 2ndary cats...I need more sound!!!

Day 5 front spacers came in so I lifted the front 2 inches.
And I had some old inch thick wheel spacers left over from a mustang build so I used them on the rear coil springs and they fit perfectly. 2 inch all around lift complete.

Day 7 painted the grill and blacked out the bumper and mirrors. All my cars end up black.

Week 2 I need more power. Why didn't they drop a turbo diesel or a v8 in here?! Next up supercharger, because once u go boosted u never go back.

Got accepted into Universal technical institute. So I gotta move from Richmond Va back home to Texas. Land of wide open open roads and 85 on the highway!
Gonna pack up the fj with some clothes but mostly my tools and use the Fj to tow my car. This should be interesting.

Future plans...wheel spacers. Regear to 411 and supercharger. And satin black paint all over.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can't forget. I'm going to redesign my exhaust just like I did with my BMW. Right before the stock muffler I'm going to put a y pipe in going to two magnaflow glasspacks and from there go thru dual 3inch so I can have a deep throaty sound,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.