Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank Toyota for an awsome vehicle. I bought my FJ in 2006 new, its a 2007. I have always serviced it with Toyota, I have over 194,000 miles to date and it has never been in the shop except for a fuse from the power inverter, My wife did hit a deer with it when it was 1 year old, So I put an ARB bummper and winch up front, We got rear ended the next year, totalled the other car, I put a WARN bumper there in case that ever happens again. How do you miss something this big and Yellow? I run 33's on it on my 5th set of tires. Have level lift on front due to the weight of the Bumper. I took it in to the dealer at 180,000 for a complete check, flushed all fluids, including transmission, finially the brakes needed changing, at 180,000? Wow! had them replaced witht he factory brake pads. The battery a Panasonic had only lost 12 cranking amps and is still runnning strong. The paint looks great as the interior, although I had worn a hole in the seat and had that fixed. So everyon thinks this is a town car and has never seen the mud? I have this thing out on some serious TN mud and hills, I live at the end of a wash board 2 1/2 mile dirt road, Snow/Ice no problem. This thing is a tank. I was very concerned buying a first year vehicle, I just knew that it would spend most of its time in the shop, but my wife loved it. I will never part with it, I have owend 2 FJ-40's and many 4x4's over my life time. This thing brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it. Oh yeah could have had better Vis out the Back, rear seat doors not family friendly, but who cares, This has never let me down and if it blows up today, I wuld put a new engine in it. Hopeing for a million miles, not afraid to drive it anywhere. Thank you for making a vehicle I'm proud to own.:clap::cheers:

·
Registered
176 Posts
FJ Cruisers suck. Just ask the experts at Consumer Reports! :lol:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I had a 2007 FJ myself and it performed perfectly. Got a 2014 now and expect the same.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
180k or 176k miles on the same pads? On the same rotors would be amazing by itself.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very cool!

I have owned a ton of low end and high end vehicles, and to date, the FJ is by far my favorite! I only have 30K on my 2012 but have had very few issues and it has performed in some crazy cold (-40F), and snowy conditions during my ownership. I love it when we get dumped on with 12-20+" of snow. I simply can not wait to get FJ out and blast through whatever mother nature has to offer. It is hilarious when I am flying by other SUV's, 4WD trucks and the like in the deep stuff. My FJ gives me 110% confidence in any weather conditions and that is crucial for my lifestyle. When I have to get somewhere...I need to get there, period. FJ delivers day after day after day....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just got my '07 with 107K on her. Feels as solid as my 7.3L F-350 in the snow! No drift or pull at all, which is awesome. It is my third Toyota (My first was a '94 4Runner 4cyl. 5speed, which maybe was cooler than the FJ!)

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
this will be my fourth year with my 07 come August. She just rolled over 105,000 and no issues. Although when I first got her she had 72000 miles and I did replace the rear wheel sills. But beyond that she still has the same Panasonic battery , which is awesome, I might add! I would bring her anywhere. The dependability of these vehicles are amazing....Just simply amazing!! :rocker: And where mine is Black Cherry I believe it has 40 more horsepower than the other colors.......( A very reliable source told me ):lol:

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
180k or 176k miles on the same pads? On the same rotors would be amazing by itself.
Indeed!
Thanks for sharing a great story!
I completely get it, I had a 2007 TRDSE and I have a 2012 TT with a TTUE on order, I agree with you the FJ is fun and it makes me smile everyday!
I too had a bunch of LC's and I sold my last 2 trucks(an FJ80 and a FJ62) so I could order the new TTUE.
I am done, these 2 FJ's are my rides for the long run!
How about some PIC's of this fine machine?…….gm

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I bought my 07 in Aug 06 and its been the best vehical I have ever owned. Its taken me places I didn`t think I would ever go to. Thanks to toyota for building a awsome vehical. Its going to be in the family for many many many years to come.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I love my 07 too! I can't say it's any better in the reliable dept than the other two Toyotas I have owned, but they have all been bombproof, minus one blown trans in my 02 Tacoma at 180,000. If the FJ passes 180k without a major failure, I'll say it's tve best... but my 86 4x4 pickup had 250k with no major issues...:lol:

Change the oil and oil filter often, and not necessarily the other fluids very often, and it's good to go for a long, long time until you think you need to change the rest of the fluids just because :lol:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,280 Posts
How do you miss something this big and Yellow?

I took it in to the dealer at 180,000 for a complete check, flushed all fluids, including transmission, finially the brakes needed changing, at 180,000? Wow! had them replaced witht he factory brake pads.

I agree with you about how can people miss a big yellow truck. I've had more near misses in it than any of my other vehicles combined over the years.

I got my brake pads replaced and the rotors turned at around 155,000 miles. I still had more miles I could have put on it, but I had the time and money when I was getting things checked out in the shop that I just had them do the brakes while it was there. New factory pads too.

I had a few more things fixed than you did, but it was still a good vehicle and I still smiled every time I drove it from Aug of '06 when I bought it until April of '14 when I traded it.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
I would like to thank Toyota for an awsome vehicle. I bought my FJ in 2006 new, its a 2007. I have always serviced it with Toyota, I have over 194,000 miles to date and it has never been in the shop except for a fuse from the power inverter, My wife did hit a deer with it when it was 1 year old, So I put an ARB bummper and winch up front, We got rear ended the next year, totalled the other car, I put a WARN bumper there in case that ever happens again. How do you miss something this big and Yellow? I run 33's on it on my 5th set of tires. Have level lift on front due to the weight of the Bumper. I took it in to the dealer at 180,000 for a complete check, flushed all fluids, including transmission, finially the brakes needed changing, at 180,000? Wow! had them replaced witht he factory brake pads. The battery a Panasonic had only lost 12 cranking amps and is still runnning strong. The paint looks great as the interior, although I had worn a hole in the seat and had that fixed. So everyon thinks this is a town car and has never seen the mud? I have this thing out on some serious TN mud and hills, I live at the end of a wash board 2 1/2 mile dirt road, Snow/Ice no problem. This thing is a tank. I was very concerned buying a first year vehicle, I just knew that it would spend most of its time in the shop, but my wife loved it. I will never part with it, I have owend 2 FJ-40's and many 4x4's over my life time. This thing brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it. Oh yeah could have had better Vis out the Back, rear seat doors not family friendly, but who cares, This has never let me down and if it blows up today, I wuld put a new engine in it. Hopeing for a million miles, not afraid to drive it anywhere. Thank you for making a vehicle I'm proud to own.:clap::cheers:
one of the best testimonials I've read on here .... says it all ... :bigthumb:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Amen! I traded my '07 for my '13 last March. The '07 had 108,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems at all!

The FJ is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned and I love it! I'll keep this one until the last hurrah!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Amen! I traded my '07 for my '13 last March. The '07 had 108,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems at all!

The FJ is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned and I love it! I'll keep this one until the last hurrah!!!

cheers,

dale
D,
2X, right there with you!
The smile factor is really high on these FJ's!
Everyone I know who has one echoes this sentiment!
Sorry Toyota decided to stop making them; Glad that I have mine!!
These things are truly going to be cult vehicles- they probably already are !!…..gm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts