Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my ARB roof rack in and was so excited to install it until I found out the fit kit is bent and out of allignment. Anybody have any problems with this or know how to get it fixed. I really need it for this weekend and could probably bend it out but im sure it will be weaker and the powder coating will be damaged. I emailed the toyotaparts4u.com and called but who knows how long until i get a new set. I took a pic and sent it to them but will they have a problem if i try to temp. fix it? Since its take 2+ months to get this rack who knows how much longer for a new fit kit. Any advise? bend it or not is the real question?

·
Premium Member
6,082 Posts
That's been a common problem and there have been other complaints on the forum - use the search function to find other's experiences and how they dealt with it.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
i can never find the threads/ posts I need. I tried but nothing relevant was coming up
i search "arb roof rack bent" and this is what i got
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/interior-exterior-visual-tech/38721-arb-full-length-roof-rack.html
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/general-discussion/31467-sad-day.html

It is the sole responsibility of the shipper to insure that the package will not get damaged during the shipping process. All of the stuff i have received from ARB has been shipped so well padded it has taken me about 10-15 minutes just to see what i bought. Call up where you bought it from and they should pay to have it shipped back to them and ship you a new one.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Mine took a little bit of "shaping" to get it to fit correctly. I just bent it back till it fit right. I didn't have any problem with the powder coat except for what the shipper messed up. I just lived with it but I would like to find a paint that matches pretty close to the powder coat. Anyone? Bueller?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
the fit kit was a little contoured to the roof, compared to the rack.

When we installed mine, we we had to force it down and now its got a bit of curve to it but not noticeable to the naked eye.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:
Well I went out and bent it back in place the best I can and with any luck the powdercoat will last. While unpacking the rack itself I noticed a couple large dents in it.
I understand shipping damages happen but dont really want to ship them all the way across the country again which is why im just going to live with it. It looks alright now that its on the roof. I emailed the supplier with pics but should I ask for a replacement or see if I can get some more parts discounted? or maybe partial refund. let me know what you all think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts