Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive got an 08 auto , and a lot of accessories hooked up to it, 1 air horn, 4 piaa lights, 2 hella lights, a train horn with solenoid valve, and a vair 2gallon air tank and compressor, so when i was at a light there was a honking war so i hit the train horn and my car stalled out, now something like this isnt new, when i hit the train horn sometimes the car almost lurches forward like a power surge or something and the brakes go out for a second, this is even while all other accessories are off, do you guys think the solenoid valve is drawing too much power cause ive got so much hooked up to my battery?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Maybe the train horn is scaring the Bejesus out of the FJ? I know when I hear a train horn close to me I sorta almost pass out. Although, It could be the flux capaciter. Those have been known to malfuntion when they are not getting 1.21 gigawatts. Or have you tried hollering at it? You know that sometimes works. But like I was saying............Ahhh, I seem to have lost track of stuff.....and stuff..... although might be the alternator might not be able to keep up with demand. Or I could be wrong............:)

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I doubt that anything you described would have anything to do with the stalling issue...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
directly to the battery
hahahaha thats what my friend said, its giving the fj a heart attack
but the second i hit the horn the surge happened, and all the lights lit up like the gaza strip on my dash and had to slowly roll off to the side of the road with my hazzards on, completely embarrassed hahaha

·
Registered
297 Posts
ok so ive got an 08 auto , and a lot of accessories hooked up to it, 1 air horn, 4 piaa lights, 2 hella lights, a train horn with solenoid valve, and a vair 2gallon air tank and compressor, so when i was at a light there was a honking war so i hit the train horn and my car stalled out, now something like this isnt new, when i hit the train horn sometimes the car almost lurches forward like a power surge or something and the brakes go out for a second, this is even while all other accessories are off, do you guys think the solenoid valve is drawing too much power cause ive got so much hooked up to my battery?
I don't know what the amperage draw is with those train horns but I would guess that while the FJ is idling at 500 rpm, there's enough of an amp draw, especially surge amps, by the compressor that is momentarily disrupts your electrical system. Any of your other systems hooked up to the battery wouldn't affect the electrical circuit unless they're on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts