Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh, and the buying experience was great! If anyone wants to buy a new FJ, I highly recommend talking to Harmeet at Fitzgerald. I was in and out in one hour! And could have been in less, but there was a problem with my insurance agend (24-hour service number is NOT!). Anyway, no problems, I had my stuff together, they had the FJ waiting, clean and with a full tank of gas. Didn't make me sit through the F+I BS (told them I wouldn't buy anything and he knew we had come a long ways, so they showed me the papers, and asked me to sign the *denied goodies* paper. It was a sweet, quick transaction.

Oh, if you do decide to give them a call, please tell them Michael McDonald sent you!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Here's the price details:

FJ Cruiser 4x4, sun fusion with following options: FE, CQ, GY, UP, 9S, 5A, 2Q, S0, and DK, with a $605 delivery, processing and handling fee: MRSP of $30,018.00. Purchased (with no hassle AT ALL): $27,532! Plus $99 documentation fee.

that's $2,500 under MSRP, or there abouts.

I've called dozens of dealerships across the southeast over the last month. These guys were the lowest. And, as I said in previous posts, they were expedient and curtious. Ask for Harmeet, if you call. I'll post his direct number here (cell) as soon as I get permission.

Edit: Harmeet's direct cell number is: 240-643-7606 (Disclaimer: there's a $50 reward for referrals, so if you tell them I--Mike McDonald--sent you, I get $50. However, I would suggest going there even without the referral reward. I told Harmeet that I would pass on my great experience, and only after that did he tell me about the reward.)

To conclude (I suppose), here's a pic:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I paid sticker, was in and out in one hour and 45 mins. I got $800.00 over Kelly Blue Book for my trade and it was paid for, so those are real numbers. I couldn't be happier. Jim Barkley Toyota in Asheville.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I wish I had known about this site before I bought. I live in the area of Fitz and would have definitely gone there.

I went to 4 Toyota dealerships this weekend, dealing with varying levels of salesmen incompetence and scummyness.

Finally bought my truck late saturday from a salesmen who was only moderately scummy but not entirely incompetent.

From my experiences this weekend I learned...

rear parking sensors are not offered on the FJ,
these cars are so popular no dealers are offering below msrp,
i can 'order' a FJ with just the options and color I want and it would arrive in 2 days,
running boards and rock rails are the same thing,
acid rain in MD will eat through the FJ's paint in only a few years unless i buy their treatment,
the bottom of the FJ is very noisy and will also rust quickly unless I buy their treatment

One tip for buyers which definately helped me out, go get a quote from car max before heading to the dealer. It doesnt take long, and there is no obligation.

It was a beautiful moment when I told the dealer someone offered me 4k more for my trade in than he was offering. He doubted me, and then to show him the paper work and see the :jawdrop: .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Have you sold the Jetta? If not, I suggest going to CarMax. They give some good deals for you.
No. I haven't really tried. I may put a "For Sale" sign in it just to see if anyone is interested. I tried Carmax. They only wanted to give me *black book* value (auction value). That's $9K. I did at least that good everywhere else. The blue book trade-in value for the car is $13K in good condition--mine is excellent with normal mileage. Carmax even had three on the lot (one sold) a year older with less options for $13K.

Anyway, my rule-of-thumb is to never sale a car for less than I can buy it back. It works, I haven't lost money on one yet. Sometimes it's not an option for people, but if it is, I strongly suggest selling your car yourself. If Carmax wants to make a buck, that's fine, but not $5K... and not on my dime.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. Right now I'm just using it as a daily driver to keep mileage down on other cars. And it gets 30+ MPG, so that isn't bad, either.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts