Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I started a job off-roading all over Utah recording "street view" style 360 video. I decided I will share some photos but I cannot talk too much about the project because of, well, that is just business. Anyways, we traversed over 40 miles of trails over the last two and half days. I will share photos of my journeys as much as I can. We have a completely stock 2013 FJ and I cannot believe the things it accomplished over the last few days. It does have Wrangler AT's (they're okay, a little soft) on it with no lift and I traversed terrain that I couldn't even imagine I made it through with ease. Anyways, enjoy the journey with me! Some of you may recognize these places.

Attachments

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That slot Canyon is the Willis Creek trail outside Kanab

Beautiful....and what a fun "job"! What's the location of your last pic, the slot canyon?

Reactions: debFJVT

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It required a geography degree and two years experience in geographic information systems

How can I get a job like that?? Very nice!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FatJohnson

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FJ Cruiser Job thread: Off-roading pics

I do have more experience than the baseline requirements (nearly completed masters in fisheries biology with a lot of field work experience) but I was very glad to land the job. I've only been out a couple days and go back out again next week. I will continue to post photos of the journey. Hope everyone subscribes to see some remote areas of Utah.

I'm gonna send this thread to my HS geography teacher. Mr Gutherie is gonna be so jealous........... and pissed off!

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for subscribing! I'll try and update it once or twice a week. Sometimes I am out in the field for several days with no signal.

Subscribed. Looking forward to sharing your experiences, although vicariously.

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Just a quick note. Our rig has the Goodyear Wrangler AT's on them 265/70/17. They do not do well in the littlest bit of snow. Just in case someone has ever wondered that.

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Spent some more time out near Newcastle Reservoir and Three Peaks today.

Attachments

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Today was spent in Beaver County. I wanted a change of scenery so I decided to head north. Lots of great roads there!

Attachments

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

The sheep are all over the valley this time of year. I came across this flock on Lund Highway as they were being herded to another grazing field.

Reactions: My bed

· Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

No sheep were harmed during this photo op. :)

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.