Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard the "Cylon's" when coming to a quite stop? This is not the brake squealing that others have mentioned, it sounds like the front disks are resonating just as it comes to a stop. It's very strange...LOL.. Ron

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nope

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
:huh: Never heard of that before.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
They will do that on mine if the brakes get really wet.....But only if you "drag" the brakes......You know when you ease them on and don't come to a complete stop....But it has only done it a few times......My Taco did the same thing. I don't think it's a defect or anything....Just physics I think...Metal+water+heat+pad material= resonating.

·
Registered
215 Posts
which cylon? the number 6 model ? or the starbuck one ?:lol:
but mine does it sometimes, tacoma did it to so i guess its normal for toyotas

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does it dry, but only when you're easing to a quite stop like pulling into the garage. Actually I sort-a like it... Ron

PS: It's the big bad A cylon that hangs with the leader.. LOL

They will do that on mine if the brakes get really wet.....But only if you "drag" the brakes......You know when you ease them on and don't come to a complete stop....But it has only done it a few times......My Taco did the same thing. I don't think it's a defect or anything....Just physics I think...Metal+water+heat+pad material= resonating.
which cylon? the number 6 model ? or the starbuck one ?:lol:
but mine does it sometimes, tacoma did it to so i guess its normal for toyotas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.