Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my architecture class I got done drawing all my floor plans so I decided to draw my finished project fj. Tires were just something I had made up at the time and they suck, but I figured I would share with the forum. Oh and sorry for the picture quality I took them when it was plotted out in a frame thats why there is a random light in the middle. Enjoy!

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Cool.
Dang it has been a long time since I have done CAD work. My knowledge would probably be SO outdated these days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work with a CAD monkey at my job so I can appreciate the time involved. Outstanding work!
Thanks man! People in my class thought I was drawing a spaceship...:indifferent: haha

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Cool! I did something similar a couple years ago using the prototype FJ as a reference. I also used gradient to give it some color, and it turned out pretty decent. I finished drawing it on a Friday and came back to school the next Monday with my own FJ Cruiser.

I wish I still had the file still :( I miss using autocad & microstation, I had a lot of fun drawing things.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I work with a CAD monkey at my job so I can appreciate the time involved. Outstanding work!
Thats too funny, thats what I was called for a while, Now Im a designer/ MEP Engineer, at our firm we all use CAD.....A wise man once said: with great powers, comes great responsiblities....more headaches now.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Nice work, it look good!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I learned on AutoCad version 2.1 in 1986! We just retired the AutoCad 3.3 (which came after R14) and moved onto ADT2006.

I'm sure that's already a couple of versions obsolete by now, too!

I am not looking forward to the day we all switch to BIM (building information modeling) and 22 years of CAD experience goes flying out the window!

I've been playing around with Google SketchUp a bit. Would love to try an FJ in there sometime.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Acad for the win, im also an autocad monkey in architecture very nice!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
I've been playing around with Google SketchUp a bit. Would love to try an FJ in there sometime.
That's a nice program. It's easy to learn and has potential to be great when more stuff is added to the library.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts