Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the skinny, I was installing my new foglights and when I went to start up my rig nothing happened. I turned the ignition to start, I had no stereo, 14 volts so battery not dead. Lights did not dim upon attempt to start, nothing at all!! I noticed that when I depressed the brakes the VSC, ATRAC etc lights all illuminate. I checked all of my ignition and power fuses. None were blown. I reseated the TPS sensor connector, nothing. I even disconnected the battery in hopes of some sort of life, no joy. So, I have a towtruck coming in the am to take it to the stealership and maybe they can figure it out. My scan gauge didnt even show any error codes either! Its a mystery for sure. Anybody had a problem like this of know of a solution? :shrug03: Hopefully I dont get :bananahump-slvrathl too bad by Kieth Pierson Toyota.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Did you check your main fuse, located in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Sounds like you inadvertently disconnected something or blew a fuse.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got back from the dealership. I blew a 50 amp fuse in my engine compartment fuse box thats involved with starting the truck. I have them mailing me a copy of the work order with the part number for the fuse so I can keep one for future mishaps. It was covered by the warranty and I had free towing so no harm no foul!!:clap: Does anyone have a recomendation on where I should tap the power for the aux light switch? The schematic that came with the kit doesnt show where to do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts