Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for the big question. Anything in particular I should be aware of/worried about during the install? I've installed and removed a factory rack before without incident.

The funny part was the guy from the freight company drives up, and I walk outside to meet him. He walks right past me towards the door mumbling something about staying away from his truck.

I said, "Hey, the rack is for me...." He goes, "Oh, well since you're already out here.... are your mom or dad home?"

I was really confused at this point. I said "The RACK IS FOR ME." He looks at me seemingly sizing me up and says, "Oh, hmmmmm... it's yours huh. I guess it's alright then."

I have no idea what I am missing here. I am 3 weeks shy of my 35th birthday. Sure I was wearing a hat and baseball jersey so I guess I looked a bit younger than usual, but I'm 6'1" and weigh 200 lbs. He was asking for my parents?!

Is there some kind of a regulation that says a freight company has to ring your doorbell and you aren't allowed to walk out and meet them in the driveway? It seemed bizarre, especially asking if my mom or dad was home. Weird.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
He sounds like one of those preverts...

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
tell him to beat it. any pictures of it installed?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
When installing the rack, just remember to seal up the holes well so it doesn't leak through the roof, I think that's about it.:bigthumb:

I bet the UPS guy was drunk or something.:alfdance::bangin:

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
The funny part was the guy from the freight company drives up, and I walk outside to meet him. He walks right past me towards the door mumbling something about staying away from his truck.

I said, "Hey, the rack is for me...." He goes, "Oh, well since you're already out here.... are your mom or dad home?"
It seemed bizarre, especially asking if my mom or dad was home. Weird.
Maybe he's been watching Nightline and that show with the dude that catches the pervs in the kitchen sipping lemonade. :lol:

So, do you need a note from mom to get a roof rack now?

M

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Maybe the name on the shipping label said "Bam Bam"? :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Off Topic...
That reminds me of a few years ago when I was 31 and my wife 30. I was watching a ball game and the door bell rang. It was a newspaper boy who asked if my mom was home. So I told my wife someone wanted to see her and went back to the TV.
After some thought, I decided not to mention it to her.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Congrats on the Stealth! I ordered mine yesterday and would like to see any pics of a TT with it installed.

·
Premium Member
7,063 Posts
Off Topic...
That reminds me of a few years ago when I was 31 and my wife 30. I was watching a ball game and the door bell rang. It was a newspaper boy who asked if my mom was home. So I told my wife someone wanted to see her and went back to the TV.
After some thought, I decided not to mention it to her.
Ha ha! :lol: That's great.

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Maybe if you still had those sweet TRD license plate frames this would not have been an issue!! Ha!Ha!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good point Engine Jen. :)

I will install it tomorrow and take pictures of the process and final product. This thing is packaged really well. I'm very impressed with that much at least.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
WE NEED PICS!!! :) also what holes need to be sealed so there is no leaking? I want the gobi stealth as well......but I dont want to take any chances with leaking

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Oh I want a stealth so bad.
Post up pics...

So anyway, were your parents home?

·
Registered
534 Posts
pics pics pics!!!!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Were you wearing a ball cap backwards.. LOL.. Ron

Now for the big question. Anything in particular I should be aware of/worried about during the install? I've installed and removed a factory rack before without incident.

I was really confused at this point. I said "The RACK IS FOR ME." He looks at me seemingly sizing me up and says, "Oh, hmmmmm... it's yours huh. I guess it's alright then."

I have no idea what I am missing here. I am 3 weeks shy of my 35th birthday. Sure I was wearing a hat and baseball jersey so I guess I looked a bit younger than usual, but I'm 6'1" and weigh 200 lbs. He was asking for my parents?!

Is there some kind of a regulation that says a freight company has to ring your doorbell and you aren't allowed to walk out and meet them in the driveway? It seemed bizarre, especially asking if my mom or dad was home. Weird.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Little change in plans.... this mother is heavy so I can't get it installed yet. I have a ruined back, and my wife is 6 months pregnant so having the two of us heft it up there is a bad idea. I have to get a couple of friends to come help me heave it up onto the roof on Monday.

I will do step-by-step photos of the install at that time. I am putting up some photos now of the way it is packaged and such so you can get a feel for what you would be getting if you ordered one. Pics momentarily (if they turned out, I am importing them right now).

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I just spent 20 minutes typing things up and inserting photos. Then this wonderful site decided to blow up my post somehow. GREEEEAT! I'll try again another time. I'm a bit pissed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts