Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a few pics of my sliders I just finished yesterday. I still need to clean up the welds, prime and paint, but the hard works done. ABout $100 in materials and a FULL day. I got the idea for the expanded metal from NCFJ. I'll post some pics when I get them on.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Looking good James, those 90s worked out well :)

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Hey, those look great! :rocker:

Man, makes me want to go out and buy that little Miller mig welder now...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice Sliders!

I like the grip you added for the step.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Nice, good job what color are you going to paint them?

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Great Job! I really like the exp metal idea, too. Looks cool, and good gription. Wanna make some more to sell???:lol:

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
Just wanted to post a few pics of my sliders I just finished yesterday. I still need to clean up the welds, prime and paint, but the hard works done. ABout $100 in materials and a FULL day. I got the idea for the expanded metal from NCFJ. I'll post some pics when I get them on.
Awesome job! I love seen homemade mods like this! just one question though... Where does the third slider (pictured) go? :p

I can't wait to see them on your FJ!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice, good job what color are you going to paint them?
Spray can semi flat black. I plan on beating on them and want easy touch up.
Thanks for all the kind words. Next big job is going to be skids. I bought an allpro bumper and front skid, but I'm going to do the rest.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Why didn't you just go ahead and build 2 sets and give one set to me. You saw my FJ on the last run. I could have picked them up on the next run.

They look great. I like that grate on the step also.
They look more functional than Stans, his will catch mud on the grates:stickpoke:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Why didn't you just go ahead and build 2 sets and give one set to me. You saw my FJ on the last run. I could have picked them up on the next run.

They look great. I like that grate on the step also.
They look more functional than Stans, his will catch mud on the grates:stickpoke:
I used mine to grate some cheese last night

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Very nice, only thing I would suggest is to weld in at least two crossbars or gussets, if not more, between the inner and outer rail. If you ever hit a rock or stump or anything solid, those are going to bend in very easily. great work though

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's a pic mounted. I painted them with the rustoleum textured black--love the look. I didn't add any reinforcing between the main slider bar and the outside bar because the outside one is angled up 25 degrees, so it won't be taking many direct hits. If it gets bent I'll fix it .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts