Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to installing my radio yesterday.

Icom ID-880 Dual Band 2m/440mhz D-Star mobile.
Diamond NR770 dual band antenna.

I used a relay inline with the power so that it would power on and off with the ignition. I made a custom aluminum mount to hold the face. the actual radio body is mounted under the drivers seat. I use a trunk lip mount to mount the antenna to the rear hatch.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is the mic plugged into the transceiver. Where is the audio coming from? Under the seat? I'm running icom v-8000 and the same antenna for now. Good clean set up.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
Very clean, I like it. Good job!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the mic plugged into the transceiver. Where is the audio coming from? Under the seat? I'm running icom v-8000 and the same antenna for now. Good clean set up.
The audio is currently coming from under the seat. I have a nice kenwood external speaker im going to wire up tonight.

Nice radio and nice install! Let us know how you like D-Star.
I have been an active D-star user for over a year. I love it. The sound quality is amazing. The linking abilities are really sweet too. no punching DTMF codes to make links like echolink or IRLP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Nice install. I recently purchased an 08 FJ and will be installing a VHF/UHF. I have several Dstar radios so I am leaning for an id-880h. Anyway, I am interested in your fabficated mount for the head unit.. Do you have a photo to share and what gauge material did you use. All in all I am very impressed with your work.

Mike (KF7QLQ)

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Very clean install. I am planning on taking my tech test next month and that is the same set up as I have been looking at.
Thanks for sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts