Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My incoming BASE $22,890 4WD stick is available!!!

Hello members. My incoming So Cal (First week of May) extremely hard-to-find $22,890 BASE MODEL Sun Fusion 4WD manual tranny FJ will be up for grabs. The MSRP is WELL BELOW $24K including the destination charge!!! Floor mats are the only option ordered. Try to find one of these at a Toyota dealer!!! Yes, the deal is for MSRP as well. This vehicle has been on order since October of 2005.

My practical side took over and I ended up buying a 4 door pickup instead after taking a new FJC for a test drive.

Contact me via this forum and I will hook-up the first serious buyer with my sales associate. I would rather have it sold to a member than someone off the street!

Tint the rear windows, throw on some nice wheels and tires, and you can an awesome brand new 4WD 2007 Cruiser with zero miles for under $25K!

Incoming FJ has the "blackie" standard 17" steel wheels

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
Re: My incoming BASE $22,890 4WD stick is available!!!

mini2nut said:
Hello members. My incoming So Cal (First week of May) extremely hard-to-find $22,890 BASE MODEL Sun Fusion 4WD manual tranny FJ will be up for grabs. The MSRP is WELL BELOW $24K including the destination charge!!! Floor mats are the only option ordered. Try to find one of these at a Toyota dealer!!! Yes, the deal is for MSRP as well. This vehicle has been on order since October of 2005.

My practical side took over and I ended up buying a 4 door pickup instead after taking a new FJC for a test drive.

Contact me via this forum and I will hook-up the first serious buyer with my sales associate. I would rather have it sold to a member than someone off the street!

Tint the rear windows, throw on some nice wheels and tires, and you can a bithin' brand new 4WD 2007 Cruiser with zero miles for under $25K!

Incoming FJ has the "blackie" standard 17" steel wheels
Put it on E-Bay. Everyone else has. Besides it will be one of the few FJ Cruisers that stand out because it is not like everything else up for auction.

Best of Luck,
Jimmy

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Put it on E-Bay. Everyone else has. Besides it will be one of the few FJ Cruisers that stand out because it is not like everything else up for auction."

Thought about that, but if I take delivery I will have to pay 7.75% sales tax, doc. fee, $605 destination fee, and license fees.

$22,890 Base 4WD FJ
+$2200 10% for sales tax, lic. fee, doc fee, etc

$25,000 ballpark cost to take delivery

Would someone pay $26-$28K on eBay? eBay charges a listing fee + a percentage of selling price.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dealer called today and said FJ delivery date is between April 28th and May 6th. Also confirmed it's coming EXACTLY as ordered with zero options except floor mats. $22,890 + $95(?) floor mats + $605 destination charge.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
mini2nut said:
Dealer called today and said FJ delivery date is between April 28th and May 6th. Also confirmed it's coming EXACTLY as ordered with zero options except floor mats. $22,890 + $95(?) floor mats + $605 destination charge.
Put an add on Auto trader and explain your situation. Then try to work out a deal with the dealer to get your deposit back once you find a qualified buyer. I presume that you placed a deposit and that is all you are looking to recover. Otherwise, you can forgo your deposit and chalk it up to a bad choice. Sounds like a tough one, but there must be someone out there that is looking for a stock rig.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NO DEPOSIT!!! I was the first customer to place an order in October of 2005. Salesman placed order with zero deposit. Nothing in it for me, just trying to help out an FJCRUISER forum member if possible! About that FJ model they send all buyers...

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
mini2nut said:
NO DEPOSIT!!! I was the first customer to place an order in October of 2005. Salesman placed order with zero deposit. Nothing in it for me, just trying to help out an FJCRUISER forum member if possible! About that FJ model they send all buyers...
Well, that's different! Then in that case, you should be commended for going the distance for trying to hook someone up with a base FJ. My hat's off to you!

Since you have put it "out there" I would consider your duties done! If someone bites then so be it...otherwise, it is the dealer's problem. That is, afterall, thier job...and they get paid hansomely to do it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
FYI, for the east coasters, there is the same thing sitting on a dealer showroom in MD. I'll shoot you the details of the dealer, just send me a PM.

/Silver with Option Group B maybe be available in 3 weeks as well if I bail on mine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My "strip O" ordered FJ Arrived today! My salesman called me today, April 26, at 8:30am saying it's finally here. Even though I was not going to purchase it, I had to check it out.

I arrived around 10:30am and spotted it in front of the dealership a mile away! Solar Fusion is one bright color, but looked better than silver, maroon, or black. I expected more of a mustard yellow color like the old FJ40's, but I really like the Voodoo Blue on the FJ much better. I still can't believe Toyota does offer the FJ in white or tan. It would look awesome in those colors.

I walked up to the MSRP sticker and it arrived EXACTLY as ordered. 4WD 6-speed base with floor mats as the only option. It stickered for about $23,675with the destination fee tacked on. The salesman asked if I would care to take it for a spin since I have been waiting for 5 months, and I said yes!

The truck drove way smoother driving than expected, and it felt really solid and substantial. This would make an excellent commuter vehicle, so I see why many buyers are opting for the 22mpg 2WD model. I was expecting the tranny to be a little smoother shifting than it was, but still very acceptable for a manual transmission. The fit and finish was outstanding. No panel gaps anywhere to be found, and Toyota even sprayed the inner fenders with some type of black sound deadening/rust preventive coating. Very impressive.

It seemed that every driver on the road was staring at me while I was driving. Being a new model on the street AND solar yellow in color was an attention getter.

What did I not like? Not much. I didn't care for the tailgate/rear window arrangement one bit. I think the old FJ40 "barn doors" with fixed glass would have been a better design. The passenger side blind spots were very annoying. Without a round "blind spot" mirror installed on the outside passenger mirror, an auto parts store should be the first stop on the way home for any new FJC owner. The color matched dash looked a bit cartoonish. That's my small list.

Toyota did an excellent job designing and assembling this compact SUV. They will sell every one they build. My salesman was very cool and said my declined FJ build would be sold by the end of the day! Many customers are inquiring about models priced in the $25K range and are declining purchasing the $31K loaded models.

I see why members are crazy about the FJ Cruiser SUV. For those who are still waiting for your ordered FJ to arrive, be patient. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. If I was not such a practical vehicle buyer (no Home Depot truck bed on an SUV) I would have purchased the FJ in a heartbeat. Honey, you know that third vehicle we have been talking about...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts