Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K. everybody,
I just flew back from SEMA (and boy are my arms tired!!!)

I have some new info!
...(all info is subject to change because Toyota hasn't finalized it YET!)

• Starting price: "somewhere near 23K" for the 4x2, and between 25-28K for the 4x4 (nobody has the official pricing yet).

• I am 6ft tall, and with the front seat all the way back, I had good leg room in the back seat... lots of headroom!

• There is a flip up lid above the driver side dash that is designed to hold a Garmin GPS (which you will purchase separately). The prototype wasn't finished yet, so it looked kind of cheesy.

• Those Rubicon images were take while Toyota was filming a promo video. In the video there is also a black on black FJ (NO WHITE ROOF!). That video footage is awesome. The FJ is a serious off roader. I got an FJ flyer that talks about how great the testing trip was.

• There is an arm rest for the driver's seat (possibly an option for the passenger).

• THE ALL BLACK MOAB EDITION, won't be called MOAB EDITION cuz GM owns that name! But... here's the bad news: they are not offering the BFG TA's until this special model arrives (that really irked me).

• The roof rack is an $800 option (est.). The cross bars are fully adjustable.

• Once the doors are open (both rear and side) the sills make great steps for accessing the roof rack.

• The rear seats fold nearly flat, but the floor is not flat. The rear cargo area behind the seat is a few inches lower. There isn't enough room for a sleeping bag unless you are really short.

• There is an electrical outlet in the back (below the subwoofer) its an outlet, not a cigarette lighter plug....I can think of a hundred uses.

• Underneath, there are a bunch of skid plates. But more importantly...the bottom side was designed to be smooth, without parts hanging down.

• The trailer hitch didn't look like it would change the departure angle very much. Originally I thought it looked like it would.

• The 6 speed is Fulltime 4wd, there are options with the automatic.

• Those side mirror lights are more of a bright marker light, not really an alternative to a fog lamp

• There will be a bunch of add on products available from TRD.

Those are only some of my observations, I'll try to answer your questions if I can.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
CHEAZHD - did they let you get close to it? Can you touch, fondle, embrace this thing or are there armed security types there to snipe you out for getting too close?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I crawled in and around it for at least 15 minutes. Nobody even spoke up when I pulled out a tape measure, to size up that roof rack!

Get inside that thing and close the doors, it feels really solid in there!
the only thing is... its still a prototype, its still lots of pre-production plastic.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Well that's kind of disappointing. I would think that by now they would have something more solid for the plethora of shows they have this scheduled to attend. I can't wait. I am WAY excited about tomorrow.

Reactions: tlcntx

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
cheazhd said:
• THE ALL BLACK MOAB EDITION, won't be called MOAB EDITION cuz GM owns that name! But... here's the bad news: they are not offering the BFG TA's until this special model arrives (that really irked me).

That irks me too. I really don't care about the MOAB edition, but I did want the BFG's on the truck when I bought it. I guess it will be a trip to the tire store :mad:

Cheazhd,

Thanks for reporting back on all this!!!! I wish I coulld have been there.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is the Rubicon video going to be the video that the website was referring to?

And thanks for the update. Extremely jealous but appreciative nonetheless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How is the room up front? I'm 6'6" and typically have some issues with leg and/or headroom? I currently drive a 2003 Tahoe but am looking at the FJ as a new toy. Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey everybody, here are some answers to the questions I've been asked....

•Is the Rubicon video going to be the video that the website was referring to?
-I think it is, it showed two FJ's in action... impressive video.

•Do you have any pics of the "BLACK MOAB EDITION"?
-This special edition model won't be exist for a while, so nope.

•How is the room up front?
-The headroom should be fine for you, i'm not sure about the legroom. It fit me great, but you are 6" taller than I am.

hope that helps,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey thanks cheazhd your info. is well appreciated and I think it has elevated you to 3 cents status. I did see some stills from the video they showed at SEMA on autospies. I'm really anxious to see that video and how it really did on the Rubicon.

If there are only going to be ~30K available the first year maybe we should start spreading dirty lies about it on this and every other forum. This way we can each be certain to get our hands on it and keep the price down. Who is with me?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm 6'2" so legroom was a concern for me, too. I can tell you that I climbed in the front and had another tall guy at the show climb in the back seat behind me. I had enough leg room up front that I won't have to have the seat all the way back to drive it. The guy behind me was comfortable with the space he had as well. I then had him climb in the front. Even with two six foot + guys sitting directly behind one another there was plenty of space. This thing is roomie.

I sat in the Jeep Commander and it sucked for space. I couldn't even fit in the driver's seat let alone the back seat.

THE FJ CRUISER ABSOLUTELY ROCKS!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts