Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Just curious why you chose the FJ over a newer 4runner? Also, how are you liking it compared to your older Runner? You had a bit of power in that thing, with the V8 and all.

Really love the cement: great choice. Welcome and congrats.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
4,544 Posts
Now go fill the cargo area with a wheelbarrow load of horse s**t and break her in out in the cow pasture!!:lol: Welcome, and congrats!!:clap:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just curious why you chose the FJ over a newer 4runner? Also, how are you liking it compared to your older Runner? You had a bit of power in that thing, with the V8 and all.

Really love the cement: great choice. Welcome and congrats.:rocker:
I was looking at a 2012 new 4R Trail Edition (w/ KDSS). I liked the 4R TE, but wanted to get something different and at the price I wanted. The dealer with the 4R TE would not go down to invoice so I left (he kept telling me "it's very rare"). I found the FJ TT on line, saw it in person and it blew me away and got what I wanted.

As for the V8 to V6, yup, I can tell a different for sure. Mostly in low end tq where the V8 full time 4WD would just plant you back into the seat when you wanted it to. Exhaust tone is different as well. But I was getting 14 MPG with my 33's in the V8. Hoping the FJ will get a little better. Locking rear is a plus and nice TRD wheels.

Plus, so much after market support for the FJ compared to the 4th gen 4R. Yes, there were companies that provided after market parts for the 4R, but so many more options on the FJ.

Saving up now for some Bud Builts as my wife doesn't consider that a "mod" I have to wait to get this paid off first (like a lift/tires/winch).

Have a safe ands happy new year everyone.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts