Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Extreme Outback sends air support to Disabled Explorers

Now before you start looking for pictures of bombing raids and explosions, that wasn’t the kind of air support I was talking about. Instead I mean onboard air and all the cool things that does for anyone with mobility issues, from ease of airing up tires, to impact wrenches for lug nuts to dusting off gear to pressurizing fuel & water tanks to save lifting them to get the fluids out.
With our upcoming Continental Divide Expedition I knew we needed something more than my cheap clip-to-the-battery compressor and trying to find a place to refill CO2 while on a 5000 mile trek didn’t sound fun. So I talked with George & Tamara at Extreme Outback Products and they set me up with a high output compressor, 2 gal tank, hose, fittings, circuit breaker, relay, wires and everything else except a guy in the box to install it!
You will notice when you handle these components that they don’t mess around with low quality goods. I knew they had a reputation for excellence and I find it is simply easier to deal with the best companies than go cheap and have to muck around again and again,
Before I get to the pictures of our setup know that I still need to take care of a few details but I am so happy with it I had to get the word out immediately. Of course before you look at the pic’s understand we had a few needs that are a bit unusual with this install. It had to be visible from the outside for teaching/demostrations purposes. With our Driver Training and other classes folks need to see & understand the parts and purposes. I also wanted to follow George’s advice and add a switch that was ignition on only so the compressor wouldn’t run the battery down due to the pressure switch. Lastly since I carry a lot of electronics I wanted to be able to use the air hose from the inside to dust off gear, and from the outside if I needed more range.
As to it’s performance, well I now am the proud new owner of an air rachet and impact gun which I could never use before but which this system handles with ease. It isn’t super quite but with it out of the way on the roof rack I don’t think I will have any trouble with it.
Please contact Extreme Outback with any questions or for more details of this or any of the other cool things they have. I will follow up over time with long term testing and of course with 5000 miles and lots of use in the next month I am sure I will be very happy with the air support given by George & Tamara. Thanks you two for being a part of Disabled Explorers!
Here is a little tease picture and to see the rest click here.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I like it! I wouldn't mind doing that also except I might protect the intake better from the elements. But still I like that setup.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Very cool setup Lance. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks great!!!:rocker: Nice install!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like it! I wouldn't mind doing that also except I might protect the intake better from the elements. But still I like that setup.
Yeah that is 1 of the final details to take care of....Here in Arizona we don't worry about much but I do travel around so I plan to make a sheet metal shroud to go over the top of the intake. That should keep rain/mud off it.

It is a bit loud and you can feel the vibrations a bit with it mounted on the Gobi but nothing that will make me change things.

·
Registered
534 Posts
nice.
one more thing to add to the wish list.

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Looks great Lance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts