Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here i am again.
As I mentioned when I joined the forum my first “mod” would be a set of drawers. It has taken three months to build it up but finally it is done.

As you see in the pics I decided to build a metallic structure since I wanted something robust. I also went for ¾ marine plywood. A little bit heavy but bulletproof. Bear in mind that I’m planning to build a bed platform so I need something that can handle 275 pounds (my partner and myself).

Even though it is not the cleanest solution I wrapped the whole set of drawers with some kind of rubberized carpet (it was quite difficult to bend). Even the exterior of the drawers. Three main reasons. First of all I wanted something that can be for everyday use so the finish was key to me. Second I didn’t want any rattling at the rear end of the car. And finally I think that it is crucial to save the plywood for any damage, scratch, dent…

I also wanted to put some light in the drawers interior that worked when I opened them. Not quite happy. When they are plenty of staff the light is more or less useless. Any way since the switches are already installed I’m planning to connect them to a relay and set some dome lights focusing on the drawers.

I’m not a pro therefore I’m satisfied with the final result:blueblob: :blueblob:. Be gentle with your opinions…:grin

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Nice work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts