Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
highbeams said:
Sorry the dealer could not find finaceing for you.
Now, I guess it will look just as dated as the PT cruiser that I notice sales have tanked on, nope no more of those selling
or the Mustang
Yes this retro look is just tanking sales all over the industry
so go out and get the Sequoia, opps, no you can't, you need to revisit the FJ thing in the fall, after you save up that downpament you do not have. otherwise why don't you go get the sequoia?
sour grapes
Ol' money bags is at it again.

·
Registered
306 Posts
What I like about the FJ is it is unique...if you've watched Toyota over the years they have set the styling standard.

For instance, I owned a 1997 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo...if you study the styling that car set the standard for MOST of the sports cars...it was so far ahead of it's time that to this day a clean Supra looks like something that just came out this year yet, they first came out in 93!

Next, consider the Altezza or what we know as the Lexus IS300...a lot of cars have taken cues from this car as well.

I'm a big Toyota fan, I've owned the Supra, my wife owned 3 supra twin turbos (we both used to race pro-street) and now we both have the IS300 and Landcruiser. Not to mention this is our second IS300 and Landcruiser...also throw in the 01 and 90 the celicas we had.

Every single car...flawless...not one issue even the Supras which we raced and I modified my 97 with a single turbo and it was making 722 to the rear wheels (dynoed not just guessed) and not a single issue ever!

If you take care of these cars, they will last...that's proven. And the PLUS is the fact that they drive great, look great, and have a fun factor which is very hard if not impossible to find.

The FJ has the old school yet modern look...if it looks old...I'm fine with that since personally I love the old cruisers! I still get people who come up to my landcruiser and say how they love the body-style!

That's just my view...they're not for everyone but I know I'm sold! :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
highbeams said:
Sorry the dealer could not find finaceing for you.
Now, I guess it will look just as dated as the PT cruiser that I notice sales have tanked on, nope no more of those selling
or the Mustang
Yes this retro look is just tanking sales all over the industry
so go out and get the Sequoia, opps, no you can't, you need to revisit the FJ thing in the fall, after you save up that downpament you do not have. otherwise why don't you go get the sequoia?
sour grapes

Huh? I'm guessing you were dropped on your head as a child. Where in my post did I mention anything about financing or difficulty with the downpayment? I was primarily discussing the overall price of the FJ's that are readily available versus pricing on a Sequoia which meets my needs just as well, maybe even slightly better. For me, the 3rd car is nothing more than a want, not a need. If I'm going to stroke a check for somewhere between $25 and $30,000 for a car, I'm going to want to really like the vehicle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
chris410 said:
What I like about the FJ is it is unique...if you've watched Toyota over the years they have set the styling standard.

:D
To each his own. Toyota has had some hits and misses styling-wise, and mechanically.

Styling standard? How about these:

The last Celica was one of the ugliest cars ever made. Some junior high dropout Pokemon addict's idea of what a car should look like. And the market agreed, apparently.

The current Tacoma with the half-squared off wheel wells is butt-ugly. Oh wait, the FJ uses that styling cue also....

Gotta love that mid-90s Avalon. Oh wait, no one liked it. Sales tanked.

That 1st gen Prius is a real looker. Barf.

Weighing all makes, the current Mazda lineup has the best styling overall, hands down. Just my opinion.

The FJ is a goofy marriage of styling elements from too many different generations. It will look dated within a couple of years. Unique? Sure. So was the Aztek.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Internet has called to inform the forum that this thread is now officially and wholly useless, albeit mildly distracting and humorous in that "Oh geez, there goes another one" kind of way.

Now serving #27...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Either you want one, or you don't. Those of us that have waited for a very long time (seems like years) are very excited about our new FJ. It's the best purchase I ever made! I don't regret a thing. They are Toyotas, need I say more, the price is excellent for what you are getting. It's an overall superb vehicle.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts