Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally started building a new rear bumper . I started with a to scale mock up . Taking my time but so far I am really happy. This will be a high clearance rear bumper

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can’t find the directions so I am
Just winging it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little more done

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,997 Posts
Very exciting, and glad to see more high clearance rear bumpers emerging! My @Iconic rear bumper is one of my all time favorite mods, and you will soon discover for yourself why 😉

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mocked up
A wing. I will look at it for a day or so and see if I like it . But it’s progress

Attachments

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,997 Posts
Glad you’re posting process pics - this is fun to watch and probably getting people’s - and company’s - wheels turning! We’ve needed this for a long time and only @Iconic_ (and maybe one or two others) have addressed the need for a high departure rear bumper. And why I could never bring myself to buy any of the aftermarket bumpers out there till Iconic_Fab came along. Keep it up!! 👍

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This is how the receive ties into the rear crossmember . The bumper is removable. 6 bolts into the frame and 4 into the cross member

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Added some metal glue today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I also cut the receiver mounting plates flush with the bottom of the receiver and the rear crossmember and Drilled through the crossmember to add the 2 bolts . Looks much cleaner now

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a little more done today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And building the wings now

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Looks great. Keep up the good work. The photos and step by step are wonderful for those of us following along.
Are you using a CAD or similar program and a plasma cutter or pure free hand fab?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts