Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I created a Monster!!! :rofl:

My son had so much fun last Saturday, that he made me promise to go 4x4ing again this next weekend!

So I am going to H-Pit and or maybe the Sand Bowl and or SH, on 5-7-2011 OR 5-8-2011.

Anyone else want to go????

·
Registered
648 Posts

My son had so much fun last Saturday, that he made me promise to go 4x4ing again this next weekend!

So I am going to H-Pit and or maybe the Sand Bowl and or SH, on 5-7-2011 OR 5-8-2011.

It looked like he was having too much fun! I think 5/7 will work for me (can't 5/8 -- Mother's Day). I should get my new CB setup on Wednesday, and look forward to communicating on the trail. Hopefully FJ6High and some of the others can make it too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i live in jersey now, but lived in palm harbor for a year and my dad lives up in spring hill. i travel there a few times a year and may move back there eventually. what area are these spots to go off roading? im just wondering bc the next time i visit, i might take my fj down.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

Hell Yeah!!!! Oooops can I say that :lol:

Here's the deal...I've been invited to Daytona Bch with Jester001 with the Nissan crew this Wknd...:cheers: Bad news is the wife thinks I'm crazy to spend the mula on gas and a room. She thinks it's to far to drive over a short time.

Sooo...I might join the party! :cheers:

Paul....You have created a Monster...Ha Ha...fruit don't fall far from the tree!
I hope your truck is still road worthy after this trip! :rofl: :lol: :cheers:

It looked like he was having too much fun! I think 5/7 will work for me (can't 5/8 -- Mother's Day). I should get my new CB setup on Wednesday, and look forward to communicating on the trail. Hopefully FJ6High and some of the others can make it too.

Hey Steve, It will be fun at these places and it's close to all of us! :cheers:

If you don't have your cb in place...I have a hand held that you can use. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey Steve, It will be fun at these places and it's close to all of us! :cheers:

If you don't have your cb in place...I have a hand held that you can use. :bigthumb:
Thanks, Howard. I just got my CB working today. I think it's transmitting -- I haven't found anyone yet to talk to :mecry:

Glad to hear you might be able to join the fun this weekend.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah my son liked that comment about not falling far from the tree. lol

Apparently he does not know the REAL me very well. LOL :rofl:

----

Sure come on out Howard, you know there are a lot of fun places out there. :bigthumb:

---

Sounds great Steve, I will try and get my SWR meter, that I loaned out, so we can set your CB correctly, while we are out there.

----

How about 10:15 to 10:30 at McDonald's at 9441 State Road 52, Hudson, FL

On Saturday, 5-7-2011.

H-Pit Meeting Spot - Google Maps

(I will be coming from Pinellas Park!)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Yeah my son liked that comment about not falling far from the tree. lol

Apparently he does not know the REAL me very well. LOL :rofl:

----

Sure come on out Howard, you know there are a lot of fun places out there. :bigthumb:

---

Sounds great Steve, I will try and get my SWR meter, that I loaned out, so we can set your CB correctly, while we are out there.

----

How about 10:15 to 10:30 at McDonald's at 9441 State Road 52, Hudson, FL

On Saturday, 5-7-2011.

H-Pit Meeting Spot - Google Maps

(I will be coming from Pinellas Park!)

Sounds great to me. Looking forward to it! Please do bring the SWR meter if you track it down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You mind if a new guy shows up? It's not definite if I can go, but I am trying.

How intense is the area you are going to? Would my stock FJ 4x4 have any problems or is this for more modified FJs?

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
That is my dream!! When my son is in highschool and college that he would rather be hanging out with dad because dad is fun with cool toys. LOL

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You mind if a new guy shows up? It's not definite if I can go, but I am trying.

How intense is the area you are going to? Would my stock FJ 4x4 have any problems or is this for more modified FJs?
I drove mine bone stock for a couple of years. In fact all I have now is a slightly larger Mud tire!

You will not have to do anything that you do not want to. These spots are not like trails where you HAVE to follow people or get lost.

I learned a lot, on how to 4x4 my FJC at these places.

But... PM sent to you!!

----

PaulThePhotographer

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds great to me. Looking forward to it! Please do bring the SWR meter if you track it down.
I got back the SWR meter! And I will bring it.

Steve do you have an adjustable (tune able) antenna?

Or one that needs to be cut? If it is like mine, I used a "Dremel" to chop off small sections of the VERY Hard Steel antenna, to get it to perfect SWR.

BTW: I would NOT use your CB, until you check the SWR! You could damage the CB if the SWR is way off.

----

PaulThePhotographer

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Sorry guys...I'm gonna have to miss this one :mecry: I had been planning to hit the Daytona Bch with the X-Terra group early on.

The wife at first was reluctant to go because it's exspensive for gas and a bch front room. Now suddenly she changed her mind last night and said she got a few $$$ to help out.

I know you guys will have fun as I will :lol:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry guys...I'm gonna have to miss this one :mecry: I had been planning to hit the Daytona Bch with the X-Terra group early on.

The wife at first was reluctant to go because it's exspensive for gas and a bch front room. Now suddenly she changed her mind last night and said she got a few $$$ to help out.

No problem! :bigthumb:

You KNOW I will have to keep wheeling steady, for a while now! So there will be a next time. lol :cheers:

Have a great time at the beach and show the Xterra guys, how FJCs roll! :rofl: :rocker: Just kidding. Kindo of! :lol:

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
No problem! :bigthumb:

You KNOW I will have to keep wheeling steady, for a while now! So there will be a next time. lol :cheers:

Have a great time at the beach and show the Xterra guys, how FJCs roll! :rofl: :rocker: Just kidding. Kindo of! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Now don't you go and do any crazy chit! You will scare all the NEWBS away on our future trips :lol: We need to find and keep some wheeling buddies in this region so we can play! :rofl: :bigthumb:
So please be gentle and breakem' in right :rofl: :cheers:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I got back the SWR meter! And I will bring it.

Steve do you have an adjustable (tune able) antenna?

Or one that needs to be cut? If it is like mine, I used a "Dremel" to chop off small sections of the VERY Hard Steel antenna, to get it to perfect SWR.

BTW: I would NOT use your CB, until you check the SWR! You could damage the CB if the SWR is way off.

----

PaulThePhotographer

Thanks, Paul! I'm looking forward to getting the antenna tuned properly. I believe it is adjustable, but will bring a dremel tool just to be on the safe side. I went with the magnetic lil will antenna based on some forum recommendations. Looking forward to tomorrow :clap:

·
Registered
648 Posts

Sorry to hear, but we'll have plenty of other opportunities! It sounds like Paul's son is going to have him out every weekend :lol: I think my boys are getting addicted too :rocker:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good to see you guys are heading out. Wish I could join you but mother's day is gonna take up the entire weekend. Have fun, be safe, and keep me on the list for next time!

Ben

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good to see you guys are heading out. Wish I could join you but mother's day is gonna take up the entire weekend. Have fun, be safe, and keep me on the list for next time!

Ben
We just wrapped-up an awesome day of riding :clap: Many thanks to Paul and Mike for helping me to get my CB properly tuned!

Paul deserves some type of medal for navigating and expertly spotting us newbies through some incredible challenges -- without ANY damage :clap:. Thanks, Paul for such a great time. I think there is no turning back for your son now!

Cheekymonkey, Suttonb3, and whoever else I may have missed, it would be great to have you along in the future :cheers:

FJ6high -- Paul didn't scare us off :rocker:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely great riding today!!! I had a blast. Thanks again Paul for the expert trail navigation. I can't wait to see the pics!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts