Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4'x7'+,.065"x1" and .500" square tube,16ga. sheet metal with 2" dimpled goodness,the lights are Hella 700s,and it will be attached with the long version of the ARB fit kit. :eek:ogle:

Its a huge :D

With any luck I will finish all the welding this weekend and it will go to powdercoat Monday :clap:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Nice work... looks great.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Wow! VERY impressive! I'd totally buy one. That is so cool looking. It reminds me of classic Land Rover and Land Cruiser racks.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
very sweet rack, lovin the light bar detail!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot guys :rocker: I would hate to build something and have everyone say it looked like ass :jester:

Wow! VERY impressive! I'd totally buy one. ...

I know lots of people would! The whole idea behind tooling up and building them was to sell them,but my work schedule changed so that I have absolutely no time to make it a business.I spend a fair bit of time desert racing too so that doesnt help either :D

So for now I build stuff for myself,friends,and a hotrod/fab shop in Morgan Hill.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice fab. have you given any thought to making use of the space in the back below the rack? Looks like a lot of space. You could make a box for recovery gear and what not. Instead of a box the area could have a deeper basket. Use the area for shovel and jack storage.
This thing is so huge I dont really have a need for additional space.Its big enough for two roof top bags :lol: Big and flat is easier to build too.

This is going to be a prerunner/chase vehicle for a 4400 class truck so it wont be equipped with a HiLift or shovel :D

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Yes - well done.

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
341 Posts
This thing is so huge I dont really have a need for additional space.Its big enough for two roof top bags :lol: Big and flat is easier to build too.

This is going to be a prerunner/chase vehicle for a 4400 class truck so it wont be equipped with a HiLift or shovel :D
Well than you need some bass boat seat mounts up there. :jester:
Don't ever plan to hang a hi-lift off mine either, I use mine for the same purpose. Where do you guys race, we run MORE and SNORE?

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
I really like how the light bar surround resembles the grill surround. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys :bigthumb:

Well than you need some bass boat seat mounts up there. :jester:
Don't ever plan to hang a hi-lift off mine either, I use mine for the same purpose. Where do you guys race, we run MORE and SNORE?
Actually the seats sound like a great idea! Last race I spent from before sun up til just about sun down in one pit just to see the truck twice. Would be cool to be up high to see all the vehicles come and go.

We run Best in the Desert mostly.Most people dont even know what 4400 is and just think we are just some rock crawlers tyrin to go fast.

At the Parker 425 we got first in our class and I think we placed 16th overall .

Not bad for a "big dumb rock crawler"

(and the Ford flag IS NOT being flown by our truck,its on the podium :lol: )

Next race is the Silver State 300 in April :clap:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really like how the light bar surround resembles the grill surround. :bigthumb:
I chose the radius of the bending die I did just because of that.It fits 7" and 8" lights very well :bigthumb:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks guys :bigthumb:

Actually the seats sound like a great idea! Last race I spent from before sun up til just about sun down in one pit just to see the truck twice. Would be cool to be up high to see all the vehicles come and go.

We run Best in the Desert mostly.Most people dont even know what 4400 is and just think we are just some rock crawlers tyrin to go fast.

At the Parker 425 we got first in our class and I think we placed 16th overall .

Not bad for a "big dumb rock crawler"

Next race is the Silver State 300 in April :clap:
I would love to have some seats up there too, with a couple of umbrellas.
Congrats on the win and 16th is mighty respectable. Good luck next month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts