Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the 6 spd was easy to drive, shifted nice and clutch feel was good. I then took out the auto and to my surprise I actually liked it better. It seemed to me the auto felt quicker and more powerful. I didn`t like how the drive by wire held onto the revs on the manual. Being a manual person all these years I was surprised how good the auto was and here in Canada they are the same price so gonna hold off for an 08 :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think i would have enjoyed the auto as well. I grabbed my MT6 for different reasons. It had 400 miles and more options for less money than the one other available rig i could find in the early days.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Same boat as GMWHITE, what was on the lot at the time, funny thing was that I didn't get to test drive it or even home (repairs on the gas pedal foot). Actually I think I made 2 payments before I even drove it. The clutch seemed a little weird at first -yes I drive standard but in a Ford 1 ton, I would like to try an auto just to see the differance your talking about.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Same boat as GMWHITE, what was on the lot at the time, funny thing was that I didn't get to test drive it or even home (repairs on the gas pedal foot). Actually I think I made 2 payments before I even drove it. The clutch seemed a little weird at first -yes I drive standard but in a Ford 1 ton, I would like to try an auto just to see the differance your talking about.
The hardest thing for me was getting used to that short first gear and then just a 6 speed in general. After getting used to it i can fly through the gears with a quickness.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I bet that kit is a kick in the ass. I would love one!:)

Does it look different? I would love a pic of one of these shifters.
Well worth the money.
I got the kit for $328 shipped and it came with a TRD shift knob(which I sold).
I would have gotten the URD shift kit, but I have my Fj valet park every now and then. So I was worried about the parking attendant having a hard time getting it in reversed, and messing up my clutch. The URD take some getting use to for the reverse. Otherwise I would have gotten it. Save 50% over the TRD. The TRD Q/Shift feels like a sports car, no problem with reverse.
Easy install also took me about 40mins, reg tools and some RTV sealant.

heres a link to a pic
TRD Q Shift Pic

·
Registered
424 Posts
I fot about the in to 1st issue, I nearly forgot. Now I rip threw the gear as fast I can when some big diesels roll up and think they got you off the line. The gear ratio is great for the "pick up the front and look at me" affect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts