Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ll start by showing my past Toyotas and pictures telling their storys since i have just started with my FJ ownership

My first Toyota i got at the age of 16 after working for 2 years at a family owned grocery store to save for the down payment

1998 Toyota Tacoma V6 3.4
it had a revtek lift kit and 32 in mt tires, also added a TRD sticker to it(actually got more from insurance when they totaled it out because they thought it was a real trd so the 25 buck sticker ended up getting me an extra 775)
got off the paved road at least once a week for two years man i miss those days, the truck impressed many and was tough enough to run even though its owner was rough on it
i have more pics but they are from a time before digital cameras so ill have to find a way to get them on here in the future
lasted for four years until an incident which ill describe in the thread when i get time but basically hurricane ivan made it a total loss

my second toyota was another tacoma
a 2001 tacoma v6 trd with man trans
this thing was sweet it was built with all the right parts from the factory: rear push button locker from the factory (used to be very rare in vehicles) manual trans, strong motor, 4.10 gearing

modded this a little bit more
TJM front bumper, all-pro rear bumper, demello sliders, sway a way coil-overs, 285 bfg mts
more wheeling

some of my friends got into wheeling with clubs and groups which expanded my knowledge even further gave me more rides to go to and people to interact with

right before i sold it
never got in to much over my head when driving it so it still looked and ran good because of all the maintenance i had kept up with on it

one of the main reasons for selling it was because my lifestyle is changing now and i have to drive alot more and i wont have a garage or space for tools or parts for a few years and the truck was getting into its stage of life where it required more work which i was unable to provide with my schedule and non-garage conditions

graduated college and worked at my new job for about six months saving for a good down payment cause the only fun i seem to have now is the drive to work and sold the tacoma to get an FJ

2007 FJ TRD bought from a car collector that hit hard times only had 2750 miles on it

i will update alot more and clean this up a good bit but i wanted to get a start on making a page

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
just getten a post i can modify in future with updates

pic of one of the first wheeling trips with the second taco, the first mod i did to it was a set of quality demello sliders(my first tacos quarter panels looked horrible) the demello sliders protected the sides for the entire life of the truck and i think they were the best thing i added onto the truck in protecting the vehicle from wear and tear

honestly doubt the fj will ever see near what the tacoma saw but i figure ill get another toyota project for trails only and use the fj to tow it

·
Premium Member
16,449 Posts
Good looking TRD FJ Cruiser!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
bored on a Friday afternoon found some older pics from my little adventures over the years
found a few older pics of the tacoma

this is a friend that was toyota guy and has since moved away but is still thought of as a good friend and had some crazy toyotas

group of semi-modified toyotas from a local club

this is my buddys grand, he's a great friend that introduced me into wheeling and fixing your own stuff and having fun off pavement the right way

actually don't remember who's this toyota was but i remember it was a sweet one we came across on my home town trails if anybody knows post up

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a 98 v6 taco in high school. 4wd was broke and i was too broke to fix it but that thing went everywhere. I spent the majority of my time off road. Loved that truck. Now I got a 6MT voodoo blue and a 94 Land Cruiser. Love em'. You should hit up Addictronics on here. He lives in Hoover. Always willin to go ridin'.:cheers: ROLL TIDE

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't done much to the fjc the last few years. Picked up a 78fj40 to try and bring back to life so my extra time goes to that.
Only things really done are just have it professionally detailed once a year and changed the oil today. At 60k miles.

I drive about 3000 miles a month with work so the fjc sits in a nice comfy garage while I rack up the miles on another vehicle.
I forget how cool these are.

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1448758236.179201.jpg

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Its been a while since Ive updated this thread or even been on this site. Im starting to get back into my fjc driving it a day or two a week when the weather is nice as work on my fj40 has slowed and now Im looking for a paint and body guy for that.

My battery died and I still had some warranty left on it with toyota to get 50% off so I let the dealership install a new one for free since they wouldn't allow me to do it at there dealership.

Im thinking they set the battery on the radiator cover top shield and it popped some of the plastic fasteners toyota uses, I was already missing a few on the back row of them for some reason, im thinking the same as above . I got the part number from the parts guy at the dealer while waiting on the battery to be changed so I dont have to worry about finding that. They didn't have any in stock so I'm going to order through a site online that gives forum members a discount.

The plastic fastener is part number 90467-08217 in toyotas system.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I enjoy trying to keep my fjc looking as good as I can. I've modified Toyota's I've owned in the past and with this one I've gone a different path of not messing with.....yet
I thought I would try out replacing some of the things the fl sun has worn like the little metal fasteners on the rear glass window caught my eye, not bad but I wanted to see what new ones would look like.
I ordered one of each part number to make sure I would have the right parts before ordering all of them. Comparing to what's on mine now probably not worth the trouble of swapping out but I'll try and do it Monday when I get some time to compare. I sold one of my fj40s so the fjc gets back in the garage. I try to updated worn fasteners, rubber etc to keep it looking mint..... problem is im jonesing for a 2010 or newer iceberg 6spd to build....(a white fjc is what made me have to get one but in 09 it was hard to find them). O well time will tell on that one. I feel crazy for going through all that trouble for the same vehicle but in a different color.

View attachment 969737

I just replaced the air filter and cabin filter with toyota paper ones a few weeks back. I had a k&n oiled filter foul up my Tacoma maf years ago so I've stuck with what mr t ships them with.
I've got a case of mobile 1 synthetic oil, brake fluid waiting and some trans and diff I need to order and get to work making sure the fjc is top all over.
I'm trying to decided my plans but if I end up keeping this one and not trying to get a white one it'll get 5 new bfg ats soon. Sams club has a decent deal on them and I've been happy with their road hazard on my vehicles in the past.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

My wife was out for the day so I was able to make some time and change the oil and the man trans oil. As soon as I finished it started storming so I haven’t driven it yet but will later in the week. It’s due some new tires so I’m going to stop by sams club and get 5 bfgs soon.
Going to flush the brake and clutch fluid another day when she’s here to pump the pedal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts