Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the ToyTec that includes the custom rear springs, and I got the n71e rear shocks. I got 4" of lift in the front!!! The back is about 2 3/4". I know it will settle some but right not it seems huge. It actually raised my front bumper 5". Way better approach angle. The FJ sits almost level, with the back being slightly higher. This was installed yesterday, and I went wheelin today. Didn't feel, or hear, a thing on the bottom. Here are the before and after lift pics. Notice the difference from the top of tire to the bottom of flare.

before

after

I haven't had a chance to put on the 295's, but there's plenty of room.
The ride in front is a little more firm than stock, and the back feels smooth as stock. Doug and ToyTec are great, give 'em a call.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I've got the N71E shocks and the ToyTec springs on the back of mine as well (I've got Donahoe's in front), and the ride is GREAT! I was getting hammered with OME 896 springs (they were the only thing available when I put the rear lift on) until Doug shipped me the ToyTec's, and I have to admit life is much better now (especially for anybody riding in the back seat).

Jim

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Voodoogirl said:
This is the ToyTec that includes the custom rear springs, and I got the n71e rear shocks. I got 4" of lift in the front!!! The back is about 2 3/4". I know it will settle some but right not it seems huge. It actually raised my front bumper 5". Way better approach angle. The FJ sits almost level, with the back being slightly higher. This was installed yesterday, and I went wheelin today. Didn't feel, or hear, a thing on the bottom. Here are the before and after lift pics. Notice the difference from the top of tire to the bottom of flare.

before

after

I haven't had a chance to put on the 295's, but there's plenty of room.
The ride in front is a little more firm than stock, and the back feels smooth as stock. Doug and ToyTec are great, give 'em a call.
Thanks for posting up the pictures, glad you are happy with the lift. It looks nice!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
cathy, nice lift ! how was wheeling yesterday, i couldnt make it yesterday had to pick up my son from a scout camp, next time hopefully. wheres your rack would look way better with a rack. ive got an extra one if interested i would give alocal a great deal.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I thought a little wheeling might speed up the settling process. I wheeled Sat. and Sun. Some fire road type, but going fairly fast. Some loose, rocky, rutted, bumpy trails. Some kinda narrow with pretty large rocks to maneuver over/around, (which was a little unnerving as I don't have sliders yet). And a few good size mud holes, of which I had to turn around and do it again, and again, and again......etc. The fire road did have some spots that were rocky and also had some whoop-tee-doos. FUN! The ToyTec suspension performed flawlessly! And it rides great!

Anyway, I re-measured when I got home last night and the settling has occurred. Down 1/2", as was expected. That should be about all. Today, after I get off the mud, (which could take a while, as it went over my roof, many, many, many times), I'm going to have the 295 M/T's put on. I will measure again to see what they add.

My mom took a pic of me going through the mud, but she does not have a digital, so I'll have to figure out how to get it posted. I had my wipers on high, and could not see anything. It was almost dark outside so I hope it turns out. There were some other people camping there and came out to talk to us. Oops, I thought we were buggin them. Nope, they thought it was cool. The lady said, "there's a bigger mud hole over there". SWEET. We went a couple times, then I took my mom and sis back to camp.

Kathie

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, FJ's clean, and the Toyo 295/70-17 M/T's are on. They added another 1/2" to 3/4" more height.

Kathie

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
This is a great job, saw it in person today. Super tire and lift combination. You go Kathie, settin the bar for the rest of us......

·
Registered
586 Posts
Can't wait to see pics looks cool even without the 295's. Need input, after 295 install w/ trail assessment please and thank you. Would be greatly appreciated:roller:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I haven't taken pics with the M/T's yet, but they look sweet, and they ARE quiet. I'll get pics soon, and I will get a trail report as soon as I can hit a trail.

Bill, I didn't install the lift. I didn't have enough time. A 4x4 shop called Jack-It did the install.

Thanks Mic. Our 2 lifted FJ's looked pretty sweet sitting next to each other.

Kathie

·
Registered
128 Posts
Voodoogirl said:
Thanks everyone. I haven't taken pics with the M/T's yet, but they look sweet, and they ARE quiet. I'll get pics soon, and I will get a trail report as soon as I can hit a trail.

Bill, I didn't install the lift. I didn't have enough time. A 4x4 shop called Jack-It did the install.

Thanks Mic. Our 2 lifted FJ's looked pretty sweet sitting next to each other.

Kathie
If you want to stop by my office, I'll be more than happy to take some pictures for you. Sounds like a good enough excuse to me to see a lifted FJ in person!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, here it is with the 295's. I don't have the spare on the FJ right now, but it does fit, and the window still opens.

Kathie

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts