Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to build one of these for a little while now . With some bigger trips planned coming up I figured I better get started .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is 4x5 . I will take some pics today . i got alot done last night on it

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a little more done today

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to skin it with 16 gauge I want it smooth on the outside . Right now I can still lift the frame by myself Without the tires on so I would guess it weights around 200-250 🤷‍♂️ Figure tires are about 100 lbs each. I am hoping to be under 500 lbs when it’s finished . I plan on making a lid for it so maybe 600 lbs all in .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
65 Posts
Am I the only one impressed this was built in a week, nice job! Cool paint job too. Matching paint job on the trailer perhaps?

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok open to ideas here . Not sure what to use for the floor . Sheet of aluminum ? 3/4 Marine Ply with Frp on the bottom and Marine carpet on top ? 14 gauge steel . This will get a Top made so it will be water tight . If i go with the Steel or Alum I would have to get a rubber mat to keep things from sliding around alot

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you did the marine ply you could recess some e-track. I love the stuff lots of different attachments available for securing loads or accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Going to give this a shot. FRP Laminated to Ply with marine grade carpet on top .

Attachments

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,325 Posts
Here the use of phenolic plywood is common for trailers and horseboxes, it is waterproof. I think if I was doing it I would use a sheet of either aluminium or stainless and coat the interior with bedliner. My trailer is monocoque from 3CR12 steel

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have learned a bunch fast with this . in a few weeks i will start another , but i am going to make the entire trailer out of Aluminum well most of it atleast

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Adjustable tongue and removable. Started the fenders and took her for her first ride . Pulls great .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 61 Posts