Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nothing major lately.

I tired of the dim yellow dome lights and and replaced them with much brighter and whiter LEDs.

One of the mirror lights was burned out, so I replaced them with a little brighter, amber LEDs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Another not so major upgrade. The double edged armrest. Yes, you to use. But you wish it did not cover the seat belt receptor.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Found a used part to pick up.

not of much use for you desert rock crawlers.
and not a plus on the road.

but for fellow narrow logging road and trail drivers it beats replacing modern, expensive light assemblies.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
In the military, I spent four years in the barracks, four years in a dinky apartment, then suburbs for 11 years, then more distant suburbs for nine years,
land finally,
moved rural after I retired.

i had grown up rural.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Ladder finally came. Ordered from GOBI in February. I missed a call a few weeks later. Finally sorted out and reordered in May. About two months ago I emailed. Got a response about a month ago that basically said, Sorry, COVID. It arrived yesterday. At 53 and eating like a teenager during COVID and missing workouts I wonder if it will still hold me.

·
Mean Time Moderator
6,120 Posts
Your property is beautiful. Just a word of warning on your light protection...you will eventually find that it can cost you more damage than it protects. If you catch the guard it will spring in and bend panels that would otherwise have been clear of the hazard...ask me how I know... I too believed as you did many many years ago they protected my ride. I think @Hannibal (aptly) calls them “damage multipliers”

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That is the big trade off.

Hitting a deer or getting into an accident on the road may be worse off. But eat your deductible and insurance finish the rest. It’s going to be thousands in damage with other without it.

On the trails, whack a headlight on your 69 Blazer and get a new one for 15 bucks. On your FJ 250.
And not involving insurance.

Maybe somewhere in The middle for the Rocky, desert types Rolling it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Dammit. My hole saw set only goes to 3”. The 3.5” one I added to the set is too small as well. Snorkel on hold until the 3 7/8 inch one arrives. I also need a plug. I thought I was getting a great deal on an Airtec on the internet. It’s still a great deal, but seems to be an Australian market Airtec clone. I just ordered a plug that should fit the marker light hole. Or I could use this as an excuse for a 3D printer…

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The point of no return.

Time to search my fastener assortment and get the wheel arch liner and fender guard back on.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Yes, I looked through a few dozen on ebay. Snorkel is also from eBay. Basically a TJM Airtec style, with the Aussie side marker light design I am simply going to plug. (I was actually going to do the Aussie side marker light mod, but the parts were not readily, inexpensively available)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I could never find a gray set when I would remember to look, so grabbed one of the black ones. I do prefer the feel compared to the stock, smaller, plastic ones.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts