Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
bummer,
I'm sure wicked could do something like that, if not I'll be PMing your for the name of your local install place.
If that's all right with you :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thats fine with me. I'm sure they'll make more if you want. Mine is made to have two amps stacked in it. One for the subs, one for the rest of the speakers. That way they are all in one area, and concealed from prying eyes. Also, there was NO drilling involved in teh amp rack install. There is an access panel by the drivers taillight. Remove that, and run all your wires through it, since its covered by the box.

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah thats fine with me. I'm sure they'll make more if you want. Mine is made to have two amps stacked in it. One for the subs, one for the rest of the speakers. That way they are all in one area, and concealed from prying eyes. Also, there was NO drilling involved in teh amp rack install. There is an access panel by the drivers taillight. Remove that, and run all your wires through it, since its covered by the box.
If you have a visually over-powering sub box on the other side with two not-so-subtle subs in it, do you really think that keeping the amps in a hidden enclosure will really make a difference?

It would have been much better covering the trunk area with the oem trunk cover. That way, no one can see anything in the trunk. That's the way I have it.

Plus, I think the amps would be better off with more ventilation, no matter what type of amps they are. Electronics need to breathe.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Theirs no ports in the amp box?
I thought their was.
This is a must, amps need air flow to keep them cool especially if you like to crank them.
A port and a small fan would work awesome in a design like that.
So how does the system sound?
Is the sub box big enough to give the air volume the subs need to sound good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts