Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I come back home from running a few errands and notice this huge white gouge on my black hood. Does this look like vandalism or just unfortunately chipped paint (rocks, road debris, etc.)?
Any ideas for remedies to this? The "streaks" appear to be fairly surface level and probably still in the clear coat but the point is through the paint.
Grey Astronomical object Science Space Sky
Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
Doesn't look like any rock damage I've seen. What happened to the right between the hood and fender?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Almost looks like someone set something on the hood, sliding it in the process and there was something sharp on whatever it was that scratched the paint. People are clods and don't respect other people's property. I had a person bump a shopping cart into the fender of another car I used to own and it left 2 nice dents in the fender. Jerk.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Somebody either keyed you or drug something across your hood. Asses don`t give a crap about anything these days

Reactions: GWebb

·
Premium Member
2008 FJ Cruiser. AT, Convenience package, offroad package, CB
3,401 Posts
Did you wash your windshield lately and lift up your wipers to squeegee the glass and forget to put them back down before lifting up the hood to do something in the engine compartment?

Reactions: Lee44

·
Registered
10 Posts
Vandalism mate, upward stroke towards the windshield not as hard as the down stroke towards the guard and headlight. Someone you know either doesn't like you or just another jealous driver, either way it sucks a big one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It looks like my signature when I have to use my finger on a touchscreen.

Sorry to make light of the situation...that's a major bummer. Definitely looks like a man-made occurrence but there's no telling if it was an accident or malice. Neither is acceptable. Yes, people generally do suck.

·
Registered
2008 FJ Cruiser AT
590 Posts
Just to encourage you a bit... Just a bit... Cause our damage was bigger

To my wifes previous car (liberty) some MF took a key and went Picasso all over the hood and door... Always wished to know who so I can take a key to their forehead and ears (represent the hood and doors 😁)

Yes, people can be pieces of **** or worse

1 - 20 of 25 Posts