Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Don`t know but it looks from the photo that a bolt was run up in there at least once.

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
That's where the reverse thruster is supposed to be mounted.

You got ripped off.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
This exact frame is used in the construction of multiple vehicles. Also, attachment points may be created as part of the assembly process.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
There mounting brackets like that under the rear as well. There are also threads drilled out in the frame as well as on some other parts. Every time I roll around underneath I find another location where something could be screwed in. Maybe during assembly these are used to hold parts during pre-paint baths, paint, general assembly (moving parts from place to place in the factory)?

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
This exact frame is used in the construction of multiple vehicles. Also, attachment points may be created as part of the assembly process.
There mounting brackets like that under the rear as well. There are also threads drilled out in the frame as well as on some other parts. Every time I roll around underneath I find another location where something could be screwed in. Maybe during assembly these are used to hold parts during pre-paint baths, paint, general assembly (moving parts from place to place in the factory)?

x2

You will find them in multiple places. There are a couple underneath that I considered using as a bracket to mount additional rock lights.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is actually the body not the frame. it is inside the inner and outer fender assembly. normally you can't see in here but i removed the wheel well shield to install the snorkel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts