Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, the Utah community has been slow since the Summit/Uintahs trip. I'm going to get out this weekend (you all have a week to get your plans in order) I'm not 100% where, or if I'm going Sat or Sun, but I'm sure I will be driving either to the top of Mount Logan via Providence Canyon or Millville Canyon, or to Inspiration Point (Willard Peak).

I was wandering around on the 24th and ended up at Willard peak and would love to go back. It was like 3-hrs round trip (enjoyable pace, not rushed) I had never been up there and just heard little things about it. It was beautiful, they say on a clear day you can see the Tetons, the Uintahs, and pretty much to Topeka Kansas :) I would also like to park up there and hike to the top of Ben Lomond (Looked like an additional 1/2 hour tops from where I was)

Unless anyone else has any ideas. I would love to explore down south (I'd keep it to the wasatch front for a 1 day trip) a little more, and I've missed all the get togethers down that way so far.

Greg if you catch this thread, One of us could pick up parts at Smith and Eddies on the way (depending on which direction we go) and we could build your rack mount, I even have a can of rustoleum black.

PM me, call me, or email me if anybody wants to get out and have any ideas or want to tag along with any of mine, I'm open to whatever.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If it is a sunday run you can count me in. I havnt been out in a while and wasnt able to atend the last 2 runs due to work. so yeah if it's a sunday I am so there
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I was planning on this weekend too. Too many folks were out of town last weekend. Anywhere sounds good. I had been thinking of Hoyt peak but we can do either trip because there will still be plenty of time this summer to do the other later. If we end up going Sunday American Fork would be fun too. It's just to crowded on Saturdays. I need to try my new tires out in the Rock Garden and up the Forest Lake trail. There are tons of trails out of Spanish Fork as well. I've been wanting to explore those for several years but it's hard when it takes two hours to get the the trailhead when there are fun trails under an hour away. You've had to miss so many of our trips. I'm glad you can get out this weekend. Tell us more about Mt. Logan and the difficulty/conditions of the trail. I can't seem to recall doing that one before. Northern Utah has so many! I've been doing different ones for 15 years and it will take me twice that to run the rest of the ones I've been wanting to. Then it's time to start in on Idaho :lol:

Scott

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hey everybody, the Utah community has been slow since the Summit/Uintahs trip. I'm going to get out this weekend (you all have a week to get your plans in order) I'm not 100% where, or if I'm going Sat or Sun, but I'm sure I will be driving either to the top of Mount Logan via Providence Canyon or Millville Canyon, or to Inspiration Point (Willard Peak).

I was wandering around on the 24th and ended up at Willard peak and would love to go back. It was like 3-hrs round trip (enjoyable pace, not rushed) I had never been up there and just heard little things about it. It was beautiful, they say on a clear day you can see the Tetons, the Uintahs, and pretty much to Topeka Kansas :) I would also like to park up there and hike to the top of Ben Lomond (Looked like an additional 1/2 hour tops from where I was)

Unless anyone else has any ideas. I would love to explore down south (I'd keep it to the wasatch front for a 1 day trip) a little more, and I've missed all the get togethers down that way so far.

Greg if you catch this thread, One of us could pick up parts at Smith and Eddies on the way (depending on which direction we go) and we could build your rack mount, I even have a can of rustoleum black.

PM me, call me, or email me if anybody wants to get out and have any ideas or want to tag along with any of mine, I'm open to whatever.
I'd be up for something this weekend, just keep me informed. I used to mountain bike up ben Lomond quite frequently when I lived in Odgen. the last climb is a steep push, but I have been to the top and the view is great.

·
Registered
199 Posts
SUNDAY!!! SUNDAY!!!! SUNDAY!!!!
*cheesy drag racing anouncer dude*

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
P.S. for those attending on Sun. I may have the first run of Utah Cruisers decals ready.

I ordered 10 to start with so I could check the quality without a huge investment. If they look good I'll probably make a bunch more. I figure $15.00 will cover my costs.

So if you want one bring $15.00 or if you can't make it PM me your mailing info and I'll get you some Paypal info or whatever. First come first serve on these first 10. Then it may be a couple more weeks until the rest are done.

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
If you're willing to come up that far, we could meet at Park City again and do Hoyt Peak and over the range down to Mirror Lake Hwy and back. If Park City is to far we can meet at Tibble Fork Resevoir up American Fork. If folks from North like Fly are willing I can find us a trail near you up Spanish Fork. You don't get to join us often Brett so we'll tailor this outing around you coming.

Put me down for a sticker too!

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
I plan on getting up early 6:30ish grabbing breakfast and daughter and be out the door by 7:00. Park city isn't really any farther for me than spanish fork.
Sorry, got my directions screwed up. You're north of Brigham City huh? I'd like to explore that way too. Let me work on it tonight. There are some old historical spots I remember reading about. It's a great excuse to head that way. Does anyone else mind heading up that far if I find something fun?

·
Registered
199 Posts
up north doesnt bother me. just will need better directions to the meet spot or a convoy with someone else who knows the way.

put me on the list for a sticker as well.
I need to slap my FJ forums stickers on the rig too LOL

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BTW my trail times are negotiable. If you guys come this way, I don't expect everyone to be ready @ 7:00 a.m. lol :) Wellsville is just on the other side of Sardine canyon from Brigham. (about a 15 min drive) from the I-15 Brigham City exit. As you enter Cache valley you can literally look left and see my house.

Lets wait and see what Scott comes up with, maybe we'll meet in the middle? And again I can drive south if there is something we are all stoked to do let's do it.

I wonder if the Tibbs family is around. I remember I fell off the map for like a year after I got married.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would likely be in for a Sunday run.

Providence Canyon sounds interesting, I've heard a few things about it and wouldn't mind to go check it out.

Or running Forest lake up American Fork Canyon would work just fine too!! I need to get the skids on first before I try the rock garden again...

·
Registered
293 Posts
For those of you who have not been up north where Brett is I highly suggest you take some time and head up there. It's beautiful country and the people up that way are great!

I'm not sure if we'll make this run or not but I know I will be spending some time up there in the future. There are a ton of trails up that way that I need to explore. It seems I only get up that way in the winter for some reason so doing so summer runs up there sounds like a blast!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts