Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update: Sorry I wont be able to do this due to my own scheduling. Please see this thread which another member is planning a trip to this trail. https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/north-west-region/734172-naches-july-26-28th.html

Original post:
Hey everyone. I plan to drive the Naches Trail sometime in the next week or two, preferably on the weekend. I wanted to see if anyone else is interest in joining. It's located about two hours southeast of Seattle. Apparently its a historic 8.3 mile trail where our forefathers went wheelin' with their ox and wagons. I've read that stock vehicles can do this trail, but I can't vouch for that as I have not been there yet. There does appear to be some narrow sections. I'm new to off roading. Just looking to have a good time out there. Anyone is welcome to join. (mods feel free to insert any disclaimers and or legal stuff)

Here are a couple youtube videos of what to expect from the Naches Trail:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Sounds like fun. Wish I lived closer!

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
I'm fairly interested although am new to offloading as well. I'm free the 5th or the 11th of May

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Hey everyone. I plan to drive the Naches Trail sometime in the next week or two, preferably on the weekend. I wanted to see if anyone else is interest in joining. It's located about two hours southeast of Seattle. Apparently its a historic 8.3 mile trail where our forefathers went wheelin' with their ox and wagons. I've read that stock vehicles can do this trail, but I can't vouch for that as I have not been there yet. There does appear to be some narrow sections. I'm new to off roading. Just looking to have a good time out there. Anyone is welcome to join. (mods feel free to insert any disclaimers and or legal stuff)
Looks a lot like the Old Barlow Rd on the east side of Mt Hood.

What route you planning on using to get there and back from Tacoma?

Thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
858 Posts
Not trying to sway you not to, just an observation.
Natchez is very tight in some areas. ie trees. FJ is wide body.
Be aware you may exit with body damage.

Other than that, its a great fun trail. Take your time and enjoy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks a lot like the Old Barlow Rd on the east side of Mt Hood.

What route you planning on using to get there and back from Tacoma?

Thanks,
Lee
I have not fully planned which route yet but will look at a map tonight after work.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trying to sway you not to, just an observation.
Natchez is very tight in some areas. ie trees. FJ is wide body.
Be aware you may exit with body damage.

Other than that, its a great fun trail. Take your time and enjoy.
Your insight is greatly appreciated. How would you compare the trail with the last part of the second video where that gentleman squeezed between those two trees? Is most of it like that? Which route did you take to get there and back into town?

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
The wagon trail is currently closed and typically opens up July 15th until November 15th. You can do the wagon trail with a stock rig. Only a few spots to be careful.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up amaintaylor Looks like the trail wont open until July 15. I'll wait until the opening day gets closer and then restart this thread. In the mean time does anyone have any trails to recommend?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts