Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We began this discussion in a separate thread but thought that it would be good to start a new one so that the Title could attract some attention. I would like to kick around the idea of starting a monthly Happy Hour as kind of a meet and greet so that like minded people in the middle Tennessee area can get together and use it as a launching pad for wheeling trips. The group I rode with in Dallas does this and it was alot of fun.

Date/Time:
I was thinking the first Thursday of every month around 7PM. Just a suggestion, if anyone feels like another day and time would be better shout it out.

Place:
I don't have a suggestion yet for this, but was hoping that someone could chime in. Here are the traits we should be looking for.
1. Decent drink prices
2. Large parking lot so that we can all park together and check out each others rigs.
3. Central location close to downtown so that it is as easily accessible to all regions of the middle Tennessee area.
4. Laid back come and go as you please atmosphere. We are not looking for a sit down dinning experience here.

Please speak up and lets get this thing going.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Large parking lot and close to downtown may not go together.....north is Rivergate...south we've got brentwood. Silverado's already has bike night every wednesday in Rivergate. Huge parking lot.....Sportsmans grille in franklin has that rustic outdoor look. I'm game wherever!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'm in!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see way too many FJ's driving around Nashville for their to not be more people jumping on this train.

Bump.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I see way too many FJ's driving around Nashville for their to not be more people jumping on this train.

Bump.
I agree, maybe people just buy them as a means of transportation and not a lifestyle the way we do. I see some around my area and i always wonder if its someone that's on the forum or would like to be, but dont know it exists.

Looking forward to thursday night!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They can't all be mall-crawlers. I have seen a Sandstorm twice in the last week that has aftermarket tires and wheels, a black vinyl hood cover, and I'm pretty sure I saw a bandi-mount on the back. Saw it first in Cool Springs and then again yesterday on Franklin road just north of the Harding intersection. I am assuming it was the same one twice. Is that anyone on here?

·
Registered
19 Posts
See ya'll tomorrow night. I also have a friend in Brentwood with an FJ who I told about it and he is coming also.:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
200 Posts
They can't all be mall-crawlers. I have seen a Sandstorm twice in the last week that has aftermarket tires and wheels, a black vinyl hood cover, and I'm pretty sure I saw a bandi-mount on the back. Saw it first in Cool Springs and then again yesterday on Franklin road just north of the Harding intersection. I am assuming it was the same one twice. Is that anyone on here?
I know that guy. He's at Stogies a lot! He don't wheel:lol:

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Great time tonight. Thanks to all who came out. If anyone is interested in doing this again speak up!! Maybe a little more daylight to check out everyone's rigs a little closer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dang I completely forgot about it. Maybe we could do it when they do cars and coffee in cool springs where its the first Saturday of every month. Any Takers?

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Great time tonight. Thanks to all who came out. If anyone is interested in doing this again speak up!! Maybe a little more daylight to check out everyone's rigs a little closer.
We are up for it.

Chuy's is opening the new MidTown location next week. If the parking is decent, that would make a great central location for us to meet.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts