Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to this forum stuff, probably going to be repeating a lot of mods I see on the forum here.
I will start it out with how it was when I bought it less than 2 weeks ago.
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Silver with 81900 miles
Existing Mods:
BFG All Terrain 285/70/17 on stock FJ rims
Donahue Racing (Icon) Suspension 2-3" adj. Lift Front Coil Overs & Rear Shocks
TRD Cat Back Exhaust
TRD Cold Air Intake
Warrior Products Platform Rack
Toyota Rock Sliders

I think I am starting off with a pretty nice rig.
Plan to use this to see the National Parks from coast to coast and will post updates as I take the trips and do different mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update First Mods Complete
One of my mirror lights was out, so I ordered some IJDMToy LED Bright White Mirror Lights
Like those, So I also updated my headlights to the Alla 6000K H4 Bright White LED as well
Total investment. $48.00 on amazon for both sets.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Up next before any road trips. Starting the drivetrain with all fresh fluids
Full service, lube, oil, fluid at Toyota SM. OUCH $600. Piece of mind = Priceless.
Front, Center and Rear differential flush and refill.
Transmission flush and refill
Full Synthetic oil change.

It will be a little while before my next mods, got to wait for the parts come in.
Will throw up some of my interior mods soon, planning out my bug out box, patch game, etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few pics of the TRD cold air intake and the Warrior platform roof rack

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you install the overhead map light? If not, that's an additional mod that did not come on the FJ from factory for an '07

Congrats on the great pickup
Yeah, it is aftermarket. Sunglasses and map light
Previous owner put that in. It is nice to have.

Thanks, these FJ's are a blast. Having fun.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Good job finding one with all those great mods already in place. Solid choice!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Thanks, how did you mount your light bar to the Warrior rack? Does it help reduce some wind noise?
I used magnets like these.

IMG_0573.jpg

My wind noise is minimal. But I couldn't tell you if the WP rack creates more or less noise with the light-bar in place. I mounted the light-bar first.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Been away for a week, I went to Acadia National Park. via a Jeep Wrangler Rental vehicle.
Missed the FJ on this trip. Maybe next one. Although the new wrangler gets crazy good fuel economy, 1200 miles of driving 30 miles per gallon average.

Took a few hikes around the area. One was up in Lubec, Maine, cruised around Acadia, had some lobster and hung out with a couple of Lobstermen learning about the boats & trappin.
Fun trip.

Back to the FJ now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You also have jounce shocks, billet DR UCAs, clear wrapped front end (protect against rock chips), Wet Okole seat covers, and aluminum shift knobs and gas/brake pedals. That was my friends old rig :wink. He will be excited to keep up with your build!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in so cal are you?
Would love to check out the head lights
Debating on getting same ones

These, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-Headlight-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B07FK37YY3
I got these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M58V8QL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do have a couple gripes about them, and may end up returning them.

There is not much difference in the low vs high beam. Plus when on, they have a fan built in to the lights and sometimes, not all the time causes static to a few certain FM stations.

I see the ones you linked to might be a better option.
Be interesting to see which ones are better.
I will probably order those today and compare them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You also have jounce shocks, billet DR UCAs, clear wrapped front end (protect against rock chips), Wet Okole seat covers, and aluminum shift knobs and gas/brake pedals. That was my friends old rig :wink. He will be excited to keep up with your build!
Yes, those too. Suspension/drivetrain are solid, so interior/exterior mods for travel, camping and packing supplies is where I will focus to get ready for trips.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Where in so cal are you?
Would love to check out the head lights
Debating on getting same ones

These, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Alla-Lighting-Headlight-Extremely-Conversion/dp/B07FK37YY3
I got these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M58V8QL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I do have a couple gripes about them, and may end up returning them.

There is not much difference in the low vs high beam. Plus when on, they have a fan built in to the lights and sometimes, not all the time causes static to a few certain FM stations.

I see the ones you linked to might be a better option.
Be interesting to see which ones are better.
I will probably order those today and compare them.
in that case, will await to hear your reactions before buying
Turned the DRL off finally on my FJ

1 - 20 of 27 Posts