Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Forum Beer Miester
4,035 Posts
I've recently been communicating directly with Exp-1 about getting a traditional jerry can mount/holder for the swing-out bumper. They are working on it.
I can build this easily I believe, I just need to be certain it'll clear a 35" tire but I'm pretty sure I can make it adjustable by making a two piece design that can slide inboard and outboard allowing for multiple tire sizes.

In fact I know this can be done. I'll have to get home today and take some measurements so we'll see.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Heard from Expedition One today. They are getting close to finishing my jerry can mount (couple weeks). They said this can mount will be mass-produced and available on their website (hopefully in the near future).
Do we know if these will hold the Scepter cans too?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Are the photo links broken for anybody else?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those cans are tough to get in California

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I know this comment was a while ago... but I'll put this up just in case anyone in Cali is looking for cans.

Buy the Wavian cans from anyone really... but jerrycans.com has them in stock normally as I believe they are an importer of the wavian Jerry cans.... these are 50 state complient with the CARB spout.

I just have the flexible spout that I use since the other breaks easy.

HTH

·
Premium Member
887 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Nope, Still waiting for it.
Exp-1 told me on Friday they had to tweak the design (add another bracket) for the single-arm swing out bumpers (FJ and JK). Here is what they wrote on Friday: "when we went to get some photos a month back, realized it really needs an extra bracket to make it totally solid. So I know it has been designed but we need to get them made and as soon as we do, I will get some pictures of it on the FJ."

·
Registered
120 Posts
Exp-1 told me on Friday they had to tweak the design (add another bracket) for the single-arm swing out bumpers (FJ and JK). Here is what they wrote on Friday: "when we went to get some photos a month back, realized it really needs an extra bracket to make it totally solid. So I know it has been designed but we need to get them made and as soon as we do, I will get some pictures of it on the FJ."
Wow, When I ordered off their site. Nowhere did it say Pre-order / Coming soon / Out of Stock.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are there any updates to this? Have they released the NATO can holder for their bumper? I am very interested in one of their rear swing arm bumpers but I do not like the set up of their in-house 4gal Geri cans or the way they mount on one side.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Did you get your can holder yet? Heard anything from Exp-1?
I called and talked to someone. Told them it's been 3 weeks since I placed my order. No confirmation email, so I didn't have an order #. But the money was taken out of my account. Gave him some info and he found my order. Said it would be shipped out in 3 days. It's been 4 or 5 days now, so hopefully I'll hear a box go thud at my front door soon.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Does anyone have a like to their new jerry can holder? I couldn't find it on their site.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Reactions: RichJacot

·
Registered
623 Posts
Great! Thank you!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts