Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone near the Lehigh Valley / Poconoes want to head to 8th Street in Wind Gap anytime soon?

Don't want anyone to make too much of a trip, the offroading is pretty basic and any stock FJ will have no trouble what so ever. But, if your feeling dangerous there is also a very steep hill you could climb, also two walls of boulders each a story high that some modded jeeps have climbed, but I wouldn't suggest it unless you have some undercarriage protection.

Also there are some more trails into the woods that are actual trails, they lead to some tight offroading with bushes on the side, (don't know how overgrown it is now, haven't seen it for a month or so) which could lead to trail rash, I havent had any yet. But also in there, a "bowl" of mud with steep slopes on all sides that you drive into down a slope and up out of via another slope.

I was just in today on the main "road" part which after recent rain had some decent puddles. They are mostly just sloshy water (only danger in these are some big hidden rocks, I'll let you know where they are)

Anyway, just a fun little outing if anyone is interested. It would be a cool meet up with some FJ's and be a good chance for anyone to take their's out and see what it can do.

Don't know a date yet, but hoping sometime this week or weekend. Let me know what you guys think or if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if I can make it in July. I'm doing some traveling early July so I was hoping this week or weekend before things get to crazy. But if no one can make it, maybe try next week or so. I'm not sure :p

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
i cant do it the weekend of the 21, gotta go to maryland for neices high school grad party, how bout the 29 of june, sunday, do it then and im there for sure

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright sweet, well let's go ahead and set the first day up

now, there's a dunkin on the way to 8th street from the exit off of 33, should we meet there?

Saturday June 21st 2008
8th Street in Wind Gap

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
in in for the 29 if you guys want to do it again

1 - 20 of 20 Posts