Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to find a place where I can buy a sleeping bag and a foam type mattress, does not have to be expedition quality just soemthing decent for a good price.

I know this one is a long shot:

Is there someplace where I can get my skates sharpened?

Thanks
mikey

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
REI has has "Garage Sales", quarterly I think. Its a members-only type thing (I think its $20 for a lifetime membership), but there are some killer deals to be had there (I saved about $200 on a tent, $150 on boots, $100+ on backpacks). You'll have to check your local store's calendar for dates, they're essentially unadvertised. Its all stuff that people bought and returned that couldn't be sent back to the manufacturer for whatever reason. Some boots I bought for my wife were labeled "Didn't fit"... they were brand new... Get there early and don't shower for 3 days prior so you have a clear path to the good stuff ;)

·
Registered
671 Posts
REI is great. They will replace anything that is broken at no charge if you are a member.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Campmor. They sell Sierra Designs stuff which is also an REI product but they price less every time I check just about. Sierra Designs seems to make good quality stuff without the high end pricing. Lord knows I love REI but I generally don't buy stuff unless it's on sale there personally. Depending on the product there seems to be substantial mark up.

Good luck! Make sure you look into temperature ratings on the bags so you're not disappointed.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

Not to worried about temps, just need something to sleep in until my stuff gets here.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I haven't been in here much lately. Are you down here permanent yet? Where did you decide to live?

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't been in here much lately. Are you down here permanent yet? Where did you decide to live?
I'm real close....fly back tomorrow to meet the movers and watch them pack and load my stuff, visit a few customers while I'm there, fly back next Thursday morning and pick up my keys that afternoon.

Going to be in an area called Eagle Creek, East of the 59 on the Beltway. Past the Delorean Motor Car Company, past Chillies a way. You can see where the Beltway makes the turn going south. In an apt.

Can't wait to get away from Hotel life. After my stuff gets here I will have you folks over for some refreshments.

And I found out today I may not be able to bring my FJ. Little....actually very upset over that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts