Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find one of the rubber grommet's for my roof rack. It's one of the grommets that goes in the holes for the factory air dam. I was washing the FJ today and noticed it was missing. Is there a Toyota part number for it?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Do you mean the plastic cover?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the plastic cover?
no, it's not plastic. Just a little black rubber grommet. There are two holes on each side of the roof rack at the front. One on the top and one on the front. I'm assuming those holes are the factory air dam connection. The holes have rubber grommets in them.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Ah I see. Have you checked with Ace Hardware? They have the odd item such as this. Maybe you can seal it with silicone and just paint it to match.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I see. Have you checked with Ace Hardware? They have the odd item such as this. Maybe you can seal it with silicone and just paint it to match.
Thanks...I'll check it out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mine has been missing one since I drove her off the lot. They must have a ton of extra's sitting somewhere! LOL My parts guy couldn't find the part number either.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find one of the rubber grommet's for my roof rack. It's one of the grommets that goes in the holes for the factory air dam. I was washing the FJ today and noticed it was missing. Is there a Toyota part number for it?

Thanks.
I would check out ACE Hardware. They have all kinds of rubber and Neoprene washer and plugs. Pop out the other side and take it in to show them what you are looking for.
kroley

·
Registered
13 Posts
I need the exact same small rubber grommet that faces toward the front on the OEM roof rack. I just blasted them off while pressure cleaning my FJ. It may be Roof Racks, Plug, Rubber - Toyota (PT278-60070-RP).

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Sasman, you are correct, that is the part number and it comes as a complete kit of the little rubber parts.

Also, note that this thread that you posted to was over 10 years old. :)

Those little rubber plugs are awfully easy to push inside while washing. I worry that leaving the hole open could lead to roof rust as water builds up inside. At least apply some black electrical tape over the hole until the new plug arrives in the mail.

Norm

·
Registered
361 Posts
I need the exact same small rubber grommet that faces toward the front on the OEM roof rack. I just blasted them off while pressure cleaning my FJ. It may be Roof Racks, Plug, Rubber - Toyota (PT278-60070-RP).
LOL! I washed my baby Saturday and noticed I'm missing one too. I've been meaning to post this exact question. Thanks for this :bigthumb:

Dan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a follow up...I received a new set of rubber plugs for my OEM roof rack. They come four (4) in a pack. I recommend that everyone with an Toyota OEM Roof Rack get at least one replacement set of these plugs, because eventually they will work themselves out, or you will blast them off with a pressure hose like me. The great part is that the rubber plugs take a sun beating over time and pushing in a fresh set is all the better to keep water out of the rack. The part # is PT278-60070-RP. I bought a set on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWVNA1A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Listed as Genuine Toyota Accessories PT278-60070-RP Hardware Kit for $7.78.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
FYI you can buy them at Lowes or Home Depot. Go to the specialty hardware section and look for Hillman 3/8" hole plug ~$1.04 for two. I installed them a few years ago with a little silicon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Should I be concerned if water did get in the holes. I have had mine out for a few months now. I was just thinking about it as the fj is parked out side in a heavy down pour, normally its parked inside. I could try pull the rack up and see I just worry about stripping a screws or dropping one of the bolts in the roof. Either way Ill get some of these plugs ordered up.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Should I be concerned if water did get in the holes. I have had mine out for a few months now. I was just thinking about it as the fj is parked out side in a heavy down pour, normally its parked inside. I could try pull the rack up and see I just worry about stripping a screws or dropping one of the bolts in the roof. Either way Ill get some of these plugs ordered up.
You could try running an air hose with a small tip and give it a good long shot of compressed air. Might dry it out, then cap them. Just an idea.
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 12.17.53 AM.png

1 - 17 of 17 Posts