Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI i am going to lift my fj soon with ome 3" light weight. I currently have some PRO COMP 7089 17x8 with 0 offset on stock tire sizes. i would like to upgrade to 285 70 while i have the car lifted. Are they going to have any issue with no body mount chop?

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
285's may or may not clear the body mount. They seem to go either way depending upon alignment, wheel and tire combination. That said, I went ahead and did the chop and went with 305's and am very happy with that choice.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok instead of starting another thread. I too am getting a ome lift and plan on doing a body Mount chop and I want to be running a 17x8.5 wheel with 0 offset. Could I run a 35 inch tire with no rub? What width is recommended if possible. This vehicle will see significant time offroad so I need to know if possible while at lock and stuffed. I've kinda searched around and can't find a definite answer

I would even be happy with a 285/75/17 or 305/70/17 if theyll fit. They're basically 34s

·
Premium Member
4,669 Posts
Ok instead of starting another thread. I too am getting a ome lift and plan on doing a body Mount chop and I want to be running a 17x8.5 wheel with 0 offset. Could I run a 35 inch tire with no rub? What width is recommended if possible. This vehicle will see significant time offroad so I need to know if possible while at lock and stuffed. I've kinda searched around and can't find a definite answer

I would even be happy with a 285/75/17 or 305/70/17 if theyll fit. They're basically 34s
I believe doing what you are suggesting is going to be tight with the OEM Upper control arm. I am running a 305 series tire, 12.2 inch width, with the same wheel size but with a minus 6 offset and light racing upper control arms and have about 1/2" of space between the tire and the control arm. I think the 285 would work for you but anything wider may be questionable with the OEM upper control arms.

·
Registered
882 Posts
For what its worth .. im running bfg mt km2's.. 285/70/17 no lift .. no body mount chop .. no rubbing at all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts